air ride problem

did the test, the fronts pumped right up! ill just spring for the new compressor and go from there. thanks for all of the advice and help!!

Glad to hear it worked!

Hey when you get the new compressor, inquire about a spider valve as well.
it will double your compressor warranty ( if I remember correct) and it will go along ways in preventing JUST this issue from occuring again.

The compressors vent solenoid gets corroded from moisture in the system.
Sometimes it fails close, sometimes it fails OPEN like yours did.

With the spider valve in place it eliminates all this damaging moisture.
Granted it's gonna drive up the cost of the repair, but the peice of mind you get from it..is "PRICELESS".

I forgot to mention, in the above test.
Once you get the car jacked up.. you MUST turn off the air ride switch in the trunk, otherwise.. the next time you start the car the front will likely pancake.

Glad to hear it worked!

Hey when you get the new compressor, inquire about a spider valve as well.
it will double your compressor warranty ( if I remember correct) and it will go along ways in preventing JUST this issue from occuring again.

The compressors vent solenoid gets corroded from moisture in the system.
Sometimes it fails close, sometimes it fails OPEN like yours did.

With the spider valve in place it eliminates all this damaging moisture.
Granted it's gonna drive up the cost of the repair, but the peice of mind you get from it..is "PRICELESS".

I forgot to mention, in the above test.
Once you get the car jacked up.. you MUST turn off the air ride switch in the trunk, otherwise.. the next time you start the car the front will likely pancake.

okay, here is an update. when i got to my shop this am the fronts were down again so it looks like both fronts and a compressor, here is my question. should i replace these or just go with the conversion? also can i just buy the front struts? how will that affect the rears and the display? thanks

Was the air ride switch ON while you drove the car?

If you let it sit, even with the air ride on.. it'll will try to adjust the car and when it does the leaking solenoid would slam the front.

If you left the car overnight with the air ride turned off..then you are correct you need atleast ONE new front bag.. I'd just replace them both.

IMHO the conversion does more than just take away the air ride and the autoleveling.
It changes the way the car rides, and handles..and they aren't postive changes

Well my air ride took a crapper on my 95... so it's conversion time...

I have two complete set of air bags that will be use to pay for my conversion.

Plus one working compressor..

Yup... replaced the compressor this past summer...

2 weeks ago started getting a check air ride message....

so with everything pumped up I turned the air ride off .... wondered if the cold weather was phucking with it...

Now nothing .... no pumping up .... plus what's bad is the damn bags vented to they dropped down.

I don't think it's the compressor as the check air ride message comes on immediately. Eddie thinks it an electrical problem with the air ride. So .... because I'm not as tied to the air ride as many on here ... and I don't want to keep throughing money to the air ride.. Why not just through on some springs. My 95 is going to be my daily driver and winter car soon as Heather is getting something else in the next few days.

93 is going to my son as soon as he gets his LD... Don't need air ride issues...

need to change his username to "MESPRINGS"
(joking smile)

Hey I don't complain about the conversions ... and I really don't miss it in my 93 or my 94.. as I say Air Ride is OK when it's working. I don't want to keep playing with it and I'm not as rich as MonsterMark or KK who can buy all the bran new stuff ....

So it's springs for me... the ride for me is in the power of the 4.6 not the air ride..

IMHO the conversion does more than just take away the air ride and the autoleveling.
It changes the way the car rides, and handles..and they aren't postive changes

Air all the way....I'd only convert if parts are no longer avail....then I'd still try to find a way to keep him raising.

MsM8

Well Debi that's because you are so wealthy ... LOL.. I want to drive my mark.. to me the air ride is insignificant to the Mark VIII it is not what makes it the Mark VIII.. Air Ride is OK but you really don't need it.

I'm far from weathly and I choose to keep the car the way the designers created it..rather than how a Junkyard would repair it...by tossing some other cars parts on it.
Just because the parts FIT doesnt mean they are correct.

FEEL FREE though, whatever makes your car YOURS.

exactly... I have a 1.5 on my 94 and I love it. Handles fantastic hugs the curves nice. A little rougher ride but I was expecting that and looking for a more sports car feel.

With 172,000 miles now on my 95 I don't want to put all the money into the air ride. I have another air ride modulator and will see if that was my problem before I delete my air ride form my 95. If this is it's problem then I'll keep my air ride until the next head ache which if I don't have the parts at the time then it's switch to the coils.

between 170-200K my original air ride on my 95 had been replaced.

IMHO 200K out of a stock suspension is "above and beyond" normal expectations.

Since the original system worked well and lasted twice as long as most suspensions it made it an easy decision to "just keep it".

Now my second gen is "right at" that mileage.. and I have 1 rear bag leak.
I will keep it intact on my second gen as well.
Based on my previous experience with Air Ride.

Again, whatever makes the car "ownable" for you, is fine with me.

Rich Rich Rich...your not poor your lazy. You know you love the air ride, your just too lazy to keep it up....

Your sig has the air ride ad in it....but none of your Marks have air anymore (or soon to not) ....traitor wanna be.... heheheh

MsM8

Rich Rich Rich...your not poor your lazy. You know you love the air ride, your just too lazy to keep it up....

Your sig has the air ride ad in it....but none of your Marks have air anymore (or soon to not) ....traitor wanna be.... heheheh

MsM8

Yeah, that's why every time yours starts acting weird, you're here bugging us to death with questions! Get out there and troubleshoot Deb!

Members online

No members online now.
Back