Air ride problem/answer i cant find in searching

Moes8

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Back around December i had my air irde switch off to jack the car up, when i was done i turned the air ride on and the pump started running ,but the front solenoids clicked and the front went all the way down.

I fiddled with it for 15 minutes ,turning ignition on/off, switch in trunk on/off, closing/opening door, suddenly it aired up and all looked good, it worried me so i turned the switch off after it was level, i drove maybe 2 weeks,no leak down,all the bags are good.

i had put some weight in the trunk for snow driving and decided to flip the switch to level the rear, immediately the compressor started and the front dropped again. wtf?

this is how its been now for 2+ months, i spend 10-20 mins flipping switches/ignition and then it airs up.?

i have been leaving the switch off mostly.

any ideas

hmmm. leak in the air lines maybe?
that is usually the case when the compressor comes on and the bags deflate.

i could maybe believe that,but i hear the solenoid venting as the compressor is running, plus when it does decide to work, its like a switch and fills up like normal.

any other ideas before i go coil spring?

the air compressor is right behind the front passenger wheel on the front side of the fender. you can see it be taking that wheel off and pulling the inside fender trim back. get in there with soapy water and see if you have any leaks at the compressor or any hissing coming from anywhere along the lines. i still think its the compressor, my car has this problem from time to time and im about to replace my compressor, which is fairly new, but has a lot of moisture in it

I do not know what if anything to fix your problem. But last month my fronts were deflating overnight, and did so for for awhile every night. I did a KOEO test on the air ride looking for codes and it all checked out. I heard all the solenoids and check valves snap close and the air ride filled up and leveled and raised during the test. After the test was over, no codes. I then went in the garage next morning and the front was not deflated as I was expecting it to be deflated. It has not done it at all since. I think that during the testing, the check valves were partially stuck and it somehow opened and closed itself properly and never happened again. Just a fluke if you ask me.

Possibly an intermittent/sticky vent valve on the compressor sticking open?

I'd check to see if air was coming out of the vent when the compressor was running.

Seems the pump may be suspect. If it were air lines then it would never pump up. If you hear the pump running and the valves click open and only SOMETIMES it pumps up I would think the seals on the pump are going bad or the dryer filter is partially clogged.
My old pump sounded fine and strong but would only pump when the air was the right temp. Turns out the seals on the pump itself were bad, its piston rings were junk. Fortunatly I scored a new one from a member here so it works again.

But check the filter first. Aint a hard job and all you have to do is see if you can blow through it. If not then there ya go.

hmmm. leak in the air lines maybe?
that is usually the case when the compressor comes on and the bags deflate.
:slam: im not trying to sound like a dick but im really tired of people guessing the lines are leaking. seems anytime someone has a leak another person comes in and says "lines?" its not the lines EVER!!

Possibly an intermittent/sticky vent valve on the compressor sticking open?

I'd check to see if air was coming out of the vent when the compressor was running.
+1000000000000000000000000000 compressor vent is sticking

Members online

No members online now.
Back