air ride no work

tda13

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Last week the compressor quit and I got the check air suspension light. I parked the car and figured I would just throw another compressor in it. I had one in the shop.

Today I stared getting it ready, but thought I would first check the relays. Nope still does'nt work. I also fiigured I would go ahead and bench test the compressor before I put the good on in. On the bench the compressor will run if I jump it.

Called American Air and they informed me I had a hard fault (which I already knew)... I was just hoping they might tell me something easy. So now I need to have the codes pulled.

My questions is this. Has anyone had a compressor that you could bench test, but would not run in the car??? I take it the voltage to the compressor should be 12 volts... am I correct? Just looking for other ideas.

ya... when the relay is bad or the connector is corroded. How did you check the relays? How did the connector appear inside?

ya... when the relay is bad or the connector is corroded. How did you check the relays? How did the connector appear inside?

I swapped the relays (abs) and no difference. That's actually the first thing I did. The connections looked really good and still had plenty of dielectric grease in them.

I hate to take it in and have the codes pulled, but I may not have a choice.

Odly enough, when the compressor quit, my trunk button quit at the same time....coincidence??? I'm telling ya... this car has gremlins.

Did you check the high-amp fuses and such? It really could just be a fuse.

When exactly does the check air-ride come on? Right at start-up or about 45 seconds later?

Did you check the high-amp fuses and such? It really could just be a fuse.

When exactly does the check air-ride come on? Right at start-up or about 45 seconds later?

Checked the fuses. They are all ok. The light comes on right after the key is turned on (which means a hard fault). This could be about anything.

Check the high sensors for a dismount?

I'll check them out today. I think I'm going to go ahead and stick the stronger compressor in it since I already have it down.

My system seems to work fine but I get a check air ride after about 3 or 4 miles? Sometimes it wont do it and I should have seen how much it would have been to pull the codes when I went to my Ford/Lincoln dealer to buy a new bender arm :confused:

Throwing in another compressor should not help. A hard fault indicates a hardware problem. Even a bad compressor will not throw a hard fault right away. thats because the system looks at the relay only, if the relay is sending power like it should then it assumes all is good. It may be worth a shot, but if your compressor bench tested fine its most likely not the problem.

codes

what if your dealer doesn't have the machine to pull the codes..i have a 95 and ican't find a proper scanner..any suggestions

Had Ford dealer pull a scan on the suspension. $125.00 later... nothing wrong with it. Should have known. I am leaning towards gremlins.

Members online

No members online now.
Back