Air Ride Compressor Vent or Solenoid

tacklebox

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Thanks in advance for the help. This site has been great for information and being proud to own a mark VIII.

My problem is about 50% of the time the front slams (deflates) when I park the car and turn the car off. The other 50% of the time it'll stay inflated even over night just fine. I'd imagine that the bags are fine as it stays inflated at least half the time.

Lately the car lowers when on the freeway like normal, but it doesnt always stop lowering till its slammed.

My thinking is there's some sort of solenoid or vent that's getting stuck open. Anyone have any recommendations? Is there something I can replace, lubricate, etc?

Thanks again!

There is a vent solenoid built into the air compressor/dryer assembly on the car. And it can corrode and freeze open. It's happened to every compressor I've owned.

Here are your options-
Replace the compressor.

Install an auxillary vent, a spider-valve, from American Air Suspension. This will bypass the failing vent solenoid and the new designs will help remove moisture from the system before it reaches the compressor.

Or do both.

Consider the condition of your air bags and decide if you'd prefer to just convert the system over to coils at this point as well. Monroe now makes coil conversions that are incredibly affordable (about $200).

Thanks for the help. I'm not finding the auxiliary vent on American Air Suspension. I've been thinking about switching to coils. Do you have know where I could get them for $200 or a part number by chance?

Use American Air for all your Air ride and coil replacement kits. What you are looking for is the Spider Valve on AA site.

The auxillary vent is called a Spider-Valve.
I don't see any available on the website right now, you might have to send him an e-mail and see if he has any available. They aren't an inexpensive part but it's a very good investment if you intent to keep the air ride system into the future. Not only does it act as a vent, it also provides you a schraeder valve enabling you to pump the car up in the event of a mechanical compressor failure.

As for the conversion kits, I misspoke when I gave a price estimate. The Monroe #90002 kit is closer to $400. I was mistaken because I had purchased the kit for my Navigator and it was considerably less expensive.

American Air Suspension sells a kit with a 1.5" drop for a premium as well.

Members online

No members online now.
Back