air ride bags

pwnisher17

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So I'm thinking of buying new bags. I found a set for 90 bucks my question is should I by em? My car will slam like once every 3 days or so just in the rear. My compressor wI'll stay on for some time trying to get it up. When it does have trouble lifting it up I can hear air leaking out. So is it most likely just the rear bags? And for 90 bucks should I try it ? Thank you

I'm not sure all I know I can hear hissing from the rear. I do know my front bags are in real good condition. I did my front breaks yesterday and got to look at em for the first time

Brakes! "Break" is when you go rest
I'd guess the bags are bad, its about as common as needing fuel. You can mix up some soapy water in a spray bottle, spray the bags and look for bubbles

What kind of new bags are you looking at getting. Honestly, Arnott's aren't that bad of a rear bag if that's what you're looking at but some used ones from a 98 with new rubber seals would probably last you longer than you think. Then again, I would probably just go new and be done with it but make sure you have new seals before installing.

They are used from a 1996 90 for the rear set

If they are original 96 bags, that's a lil steep. I bought a set of rears from someone on here that came off a gen 2 for $45 for the pair. I conditioned them real good and boxed them back up because what I have is fine and not leaking. If the $90 bags have been replaced within the last 5 years or so, I guess that would be a deal but if not, I'd just go with new ones.

Air ride

Still got a front set and compressor too ! Thanx Bruce

Well I'm not looking for a permanent fix just something to get me through the winter money is tight

I put tire sealant in my leaky bags and it did the trick and it has been over 2 years. I put in about 2 cups in each leaky bag.

I put tire sealant in my leaky bags and it did the trick and it has been over 2 years. I put in about 2 cups in each leaky bag.

Ya wanna wrap em with gorilla tape afterward to be sure tho.

Well I'm not looking for a permanent fix just something to get me through the winter money is tight

as someone already said. and i know some will frown on this. but using tire slime can help get you through the winter maybe. its worth the 10 bucks to try. I had some leaky front bags. i slimed them and got about 3 months out of em before i had to break down and replace em.

it is by far not a perm fix. just remember that. all you have to do is remove the solonoid dump some down in it untill you get a fair amount and then shake the crap out of the shock. make sure the air way is clear clean out the part where the solonoid goes. connect it back up air it up and go for a ride

I got really decent rear bags with no dry-rot from a member here for like 50 bux.
Just sayin.
Slime away tho, lol...

How much would you say to dump? Like half bottle if I just buy the standard car one.

#1, I would replace the seals first and put lithium grease on them. Make sure the bag is leaking for sure because it might just be the seals. I would hit the JY and find some because the rears rarely ever go bad at the same time. Depends on your area and the elements they have endured throughout the life of the car. Condition the rubber with Zymol or something that will soften up the rubber.

Cup and 1/2 to 2 cups in each should do it for you. Make sure they are deflated completely so that when you add it, you can press down on the top of the bag while it is standing straight up and push down so that the fold and cracks in the fold will catch it. That's where you're leak is and that's where it needs to absorb. I'm not recommending to add slime but if I were going to do it, that's how I would go about it. After installation of the bags, let them sit for a while to make sure the slime has all went to the bottom because you don't need that stuff all in your solenoid. When the car vents, the slime does not come back through the lines and make it's way to the compressor. When being aired up, that's the only thing happening. The bags are being filled with air and slime is not coming out of the bag and going into the line. GRAVITY prevents that.

Members online

No members online now.
Back