Air Conditioner noise

Parts List: (Note to self for future reference)

Motorcraft YC2479 A/C Compressor
Motorcraft YB595 A/C Clutch Coil
Motorcraft YB593 A/C Clutch Pulley
Motorcraft YB-3124 A/C Compressor Clutch Hub
Motorcraft YL190 A/C Receiver Drier / Accumulator
Motorcraft YG356 A/C Expansion Valve
Goodyear 4061058 Gatorback Poly V-Belt
(2002 only, 105.75 in. Length)

(2000-2001 V8 uses shorter Goodyear belt #4061055, 105.5 in. Length)

Motorcraft Serpentine Belt Part # JK61056 (2000-2002, 105.6 in. Length)

Why does Goodyear/RockAuto/Summit list a longer Goodyear belt for 2002?

i would not waste money buying the compressor from ford but that's just me

u end up paying like 600 for a compressor LoL

I took my car in today for the A/C work, but they found the Power Steering Pump is going out and is leaking all over the A/C unit (it's right above the A/C Compressor, and has made the old A/C compressor all wet with power steering fluid and the belt etc etc). They took me into the shop and showed it all to me. I was hoping to save money on the A/C parts... which I did... but the Power Steering pump/tube/labor is $770. At least some of the saving on the A/C can go towards the power steering repair. I should get my car back tomorrow hopefully.

They said on the LS the A/C Expansion Valve is not normally replaced. The Dryer/Accumulator usually catches anything loose. They tested the high side and said it's pressure is ok. The compressor fluid was still green. If it was black fluid w/metal fragments etc, they would replace the expansion valve and condensor and evaporator, lines etc.

The A/C Expansion Valve is inside the car behind the dash. Cost of $800 just for pulling the dash etc to replace that part. At least I didn't need that done.

Hi lincoln ls 250K
Is there any routine maint. that can be done on auto ac systems? Do you recomend changing the clutch asmbly. after 100k to head off problems. Thank you for any info.

Hi lincoln ls 250K
Is there any routine maint. that can be done on auto ac systems? Do you recomend changing the clutch asmbly. after 100k to head off problems. Thank you for any info.

I know this wasn't directed to me, but...

There really isn't anything to do as long as it is working correctly. I did have an issue with the AC clutch on my Ranger (pretty much the same clutch). I resolved it by taking the outer plate off, cleaning the gunk out of it, and removing one of the shim washers to get it back to the correct air gap.

Thanks for the advice guys. Got the car back today. $600 in A/C parts, $1407 in labor/flush and power steering parts = $2007. Sounds great, nice and quiet, best it's sounded since I bought it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back