Ahhh angry at person I bought car from,what options do I have?

Chaoticbastard

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Well I bought my Mark8 back in December.Went up to CT picked the car up handed the cash,Got handed the title and the bill of sale.I had to wait to register it because of the repairs it needed And I didnt want to drive it in the winter anyways.Well long story short I went to register it about a month and a half ago.The Dot in my state PA,Told me and pointed out that he signed the title in the wrong spot.He had his wife sign it as the purchaser where my name should have been.So my state told me I could (take a chance) but it might get rejected.So I sent him the title back and he was supposed to get it recitfied.Well 6 weeks later and nothing.He called me once after I got on his friend who sold the car for him through ebay.Saying oh yea its being transfered.Blah blah.What he doesnt know is I have Autocheck unlimited and they are pretty up to date with showing current title transfers etc.Nothing.I told him he has 2 weeks to fix this or I want all my money back.I also know have an extra $265 on what I paid for it for repairs.I know i wont get gas money back.Have any of you guys had this problem?What options would I have if any???:Bang

I would think, that all he would have to do is go to his registration office and ask for a reprint of the title. Shouldn't take 6 weeks to find out some information.

Problem is the title was never in his name,It was jumped from different dealers at auctions,Then to him.I guess he should have transfered it into his name then sold it to me.He told me its going into his wifes name then he will send it to me clean.I dunno.

What you could do which I think also could be done in PA is place a mechanic’s lean on it. Say it was having work done by you and the owner never came back. After t 30 days the car is yours to keep at least in NY that is the way it goes if you are a mechanic and you are owed money for work that was done on the car. It wouldn’t take 30 days of waiting just walk in to the DMV and do it. Just check your local laws about it. Google it and see what you find. Just a thought if you don’t want to wait any longer ;)

Ahhhh, so what your saying is he bought it from an auction, but never registered it. You might have a little problem. States don't like to miss out on their sales taxes. Who's name is on the title, and bill of sale. If they signed for the bill of sale, then your state won't title it. They would have to register it in there state, and pay the sales taxes, then when they receive the new title, they can sign it over to you. Seems like this guy is trying to avoid paying sales taxe in his state.

take your chance with the DMV, if the guy is a jerk off and isn't helping
Other than sueing him ...... Did you pay with paypal? try ebay
motors help

If you still had the old title number, you could contact the DMV and speak to them about it.

I bought my 98 LSC off eBay. I was soooooo lucky the car ended up only being 5 miles from my house. The dealer did the same thing...bought at auction and sold on eBay - never titling himself (avoiding the tax). All I needed from the Virgnia DMV was his dealer lisc, title and bill of sale. No big deal. They never even looked at who signed the title, not that you could read the signature anyway.

I would have tried to register, you would no worse off. If you get no repsone call the DMV in the state where you purchased and ask what can you do.

Good luck!

by any chance where was the car coming meaning from what auction and by any chance was it a pearl white mark 8?????

No Goddess it was from Windsor locks CT,Right outside Harford.Its a Forest green mark.I really appreciate the advice.Im going to look into the title.I photocopied it and the bill of sale.Im going to make some calls tommorrow and see what I can do.I paid the deposit through paypal and that was about it.Its sitting there all clean and repaired...:( today it was 78.Dude better act quick!

I had a similar thing happen when I sold my 94 to Scott9050.

I bought the car hit deer on the way home. Then decided to sell the car and take the insurance money to get a different car.

The guy had a Kansas title the dealer was from Michigan. If I wouldn't have signed the title to Scott I could have gotten away with not paying the taxes and turning the title to Scott. But because the guy never got the title changed to a Michigan title it didn't work.

I had to get it retitled to Wisconsin. Wisconsin accepted the title with the money. Then I turned it over to Scott.

What the dealer did was illegal in Michigan but there was really nothing we could do that would be cost effective.

I'd try taking the title to your DMV and chance it. If you can get it back.

If you bought the car, formally, through e-bay, you do have some fraud protection. Contact them.

Hopefully it wasn't a situation where you weren't the "second highest" bidder and the transaction was made after the auction ended. Then you aren't protected by Ebay.

Deffi.inform PayPal and eBay, post comments to him be honest and frank but not hateful, trying to work out situation like ...."still trying to get title PLEASE CONTACT THIS IS MY 3RD ATTEMPT!!!, ETC...when I read nasty mean stupid comments I consider the source of them...

Before you go to the DMV, call the main office, ask questions, explain what happened, write down everything they say and the persons name, date time.

Work out a game plan depending on what they tell you.

I went thru similiar issues with the milage on the title, the seller mistakenly checked the box stating that the Mark was rolled over - I know insane huh! I even had a bunch of maint records he left with me showing milage at different times of the year and even different years. Still no luck, I finally got a notorized letter from the seller saying exactely what the BMV had said to get - and then they wouldn't transfer the title because the seller didn't write down the CURRENT milage in the statement to the BMV, well they didn't ask for it for one, (how the hell was he supposed to know 2 months had gone by cause he left the country!) she took it to her sup and came back and said that is what I had to get in notorized letter!!! the sup kept the check list the 1st BMV rep wrote out for me - I was getting desperate and very very PO-ed, the rep was feeling my pain and when her sup. left the area, she looked at me, handed me the paperwork (minus the check list) then looked me in the eye while still holding on to the other end of the papers and said "You need to have the letter state the milage right here (pointing to a space in the notorized statement" then handed me back all my paper work and said that I needed to talk to that man, and pointed to a dealer transfering a bunch of titles. I waited for him to leave and then asked him what she was meaning. He said get a pin same innk write it on the notorized statemnt and go to another BMV. Did it got it, Thank You Jesus, Im done!

Now I know it doesnot sound like a lot, I could get the title in my name with the flipped od title.....but I wouldn't have been able to get correct insurance and the value if something were to happen would be a big fat 0!!

Good luck hun!!!

SMOOCHES!
MsM8

hey Thanks for the great great responses and help.I found out some more.yes I did buy the car as the high bidder.But the seller listed it for his nieghbor.I contacted the lister stating I might have to make it official and go forth with action.Here is the deal.Bought the car.Like I stated.Waited to transfer it due to repair.The title was signed from original owner,to a dealer.Then from a dealer to another at auction.Then from that dealer to the guy I got it from.From there it should have went into his name.He never transfered it and put some fake Dealer in the town he lived in's name.Had his wife sign it as the seller where my name should have went therefor defacing the title.I sent it back to him and he said he would get an open title then send it back to me.he has called me once about 3 weeks ago saying it was in process.Autocheck doesnt lie and nothing has been done to the title.Now the guy from ebay that listed it and the seller are not calling me.Also I bought it in CT but I remember the title being a MASS title.With the original owners name on.There was one more spot for a buyer,But he defaced it.I didnt know what to look for when I bought the car.I though the title was clear.I am taking all of your kind advice and going forth.I really really do not want to part it out to recoup my money.The car is WAY to nice for that.I will keep you posted as to what happens.Sorry for the long thread.

this happenned to me and i didnt want to pay the extra money at the dmv so i went home,i put a line through the other persons name and address, then i wrote mine underneath the line. i went to a currency exchange and handed it to the girl and that was the end of it. if they wont do it at one currency exchange im sure they'll do it at another.

Hey Hottie, live and learn k. This is gonna mesh out.

Make sure you save everything off on your harddrive (emails ebays add, etc.) so you can have a trail...and I would go ask a few of the car dealers in town what they would sugggest also, they know the sweet spots (BMV's) who will show love. Good luck hun, keep us posted.

Hun, as you learn, you share, we learn - k ;)

Smooches
MsM8

i SAY YOU TAKE THIS MATTER INTO YOUR OWN HANDS!

cantpaydontbid2.jpg

.........I really really do not want to part it out to recoup my money.The car is WAY to nice for that....

YOU ARE SOOOOO WORTHY!!!!!

Lorenz!!!! Excellent idea!!!!! I think we should all give the double selling due a call, maybe drop em an email too.....if each one of called once, and sent one email, legally they could nothing.....course we want to do this in a manner that would be productive....hummmm ay ideas Hotties!!!

MsM8

Well guys and gals.after some hell rais'in and threats to expose him as a fraud.His wife called me tonight begging me not to report him blah blah.That it is her friend that was going to rush it through the DMV.well she did.He called me with a tracking number for a priority letter with my name on it :).Then his wife said she just got the title tonight and she was very sorry for my troubles I had them read the numbers of the VIN to verify.I ran it on autocheck and sure enough a fresh title was issued to them.So finally after pushing a little:D I am getting my title.The car should be on the road Monday :):).Thanks again everyone for your many kind responses and help..!!!!!!!!!!!

I like Lorezno's idea best. j/k.
Glad it's working out for you chaotic.

Members online

Back