AH I got my Conti,have some questions.

Chaoticbastard

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok where do I start.I picked up my 95 Conti tonight 170 miles from my home.Anyways I get there and start the car.Looks good sounds good.I go to pull away and As soon as I hit the brakes the ABS system engages.Took about 10 seconds then the ABS light comes on and the CHECK TRACTION CONTROL comes on on the dash.No biggie.I Figure just a sensor needs cleaning for the ABS.But why would the Check Traction come on?

Also after this happens the trans acts kinda strange.When I go to take off from first gear the car almost bucks,At first I thought it was slippage but it isnt.Like a quick buck then it shifts fine.It isnt a hesitation from the engine the engine runs perfect.The faster you drive the car and trans runs smoother.Just everytime I take off it has this thrust and hesitate type thing like it doesnt know what gear to go into.BTW the car has 107K on it.

Thats basically all that is wrong with it.The fluid looks clean in the trans so I am probably going to try and pull some codes.Oh also.The traction button on the Dash does not work.Would the traction control being messed up cause the car to act wierd.The best way to describe it now I think about it is when you have a 4x4 truck and your making a sharp turn it kinda walks.That is similair to this.Anyone have these problems and suggestions for repair?

if the ABS light is on, it probably will cause the traction control to not work as well.. they use most of the same sensors and systems.

My conti had the same probelm but it actually fixed itself.don't know how but it did but it pulled up a abs module code.but like i said it fixed itself.ohh i didn't mention it started right af i went through the car wash so maybe something got wet on yours.maybe whoever sold it to you washed it before you got it.good luck.

Try cleaning the sensors and if that doesn't work, get under the car and there will be a Traction control module like almost under the battery. There will be a grey plug, remove the screw and replug it. See if that helps. Somebody tolded me to clean the plug but I don't know how to. Mine comes on after you go over 14 mph.

Members online

Back