aftermarket alarm removel wont start

lincluv

New LVC Member
Reaction score
ok so i just bought anothe rmk8 to replace the one that got hit i put a new steering colomn in and found a old car alarm that someone started to remove i uninstalled it like i have done many others and the anti theft light is blinking fast and wont start help me do these need to be reflashed or what. i unhooked battery for 10 mins and retried and nothing happened.

Who ever installed the AM alarm probably disabled the factory, you'll need the wiring schematic to hook it back up.

Welcome to the site! Great introduction! We all now feel closer to you with all you have shared.

You know how to jump the starter?

With key in Run position, jump the 2 posts on the starter with the red wires with screw driver, or
Reach under the fuse block by the battery, there's a single red wire, I think its an 8 awg, it'll be the larger red wire UNDER the fuse block, unplug that wire and you'll need about 1' of wire to jump it to the batterys pos post,
this will engage the starter solenoid

Yup. Someone bypassed the pats so they wouldn't have to program keys or so they could have remote start.

Members online

No members online now.
Back