after market steering wheel

mikeskustomfab

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
has anyone put an after market steering wheel on there mark before? im looking at getting a billet wheel that matches my rims but cant seem to find a adapter for it to fit. the place i am getting it from (billet specialties) only offers 67-76 mustang/galaxy,64-66 mustang,and 77-82 mustang w/horn buttons on the side. so i wasnt sure if anyone has found one somewhere else all i can find is mark 7 stuff and mustang. any help is greatly appreciated.

The 97 cobra wheel fit the gen 2 and it looks like the 96-04 wheels interchange. I dont know if gen 1 & 2 are the same.
I seem to remember a thread on a steering wheel swap on this forum.

DLF rocks this Ford racing part # m-3601-b

LSCSteering.JPG

I think temple performance is selling the same/similar style wheels also. You can go that route for a sporty look/feel or there is a member alex sonin that makes total custom wood and Leather wheels.

IMG_20100908_142903.jpg

if i were to replace my current wheel with a nother stock wheel id just leave it an dit wont get a gay ass grant wheel im planning on getting this half wrap billet wheel that matches my rims and i just need to know if anyone has found or knows of a adapter to fit these cars. im calling billet specialties tomorrow to see if they can make me a billet adapter but if they cant ill need to do something. and i used the searce and found the same threads and wasnt the least bit interested in them.

i will be getting a diffrent horn button that will cover the allen heads so you can not see them by the way

0000000729-prod.jpg

I modified a steering wheel to my liking. I know its not that far of a stretch, but it was definately the first Gen 1 with a CE style wheel in it for sure.

Members online

No members online now.
Back