Affordable Alternative to hub swapping

tolincoln

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever heard of conical seating a mustang rim to fit a mark viii bolt pattern?
I spoke with this company and they said they can do it for $30 a wheel and it's 100% safe I just want to see if anyone else has had any experience with this method as it's the first time I've heard of it and is a lot cheaper then hub swapping .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CNC-CUSTOM-...-INSERTS-STATUS-GIOVANNA-STRADA-/250914405952

Hub swapping isnt really expensive, two new mustang front hub/bearing assemblies are $100, new rear wheel studs are about $20 and the hub drill jig is $50 comes with both bits to drill..and you can resell the jig when youre done with it. Also a set of 4 hub centric rings can be bought for a couple bucks on ebay (needed for the rears only). Front rotors can also be re drilled with the jig so you can still retain factory brakes if desired. The rest of the cost is for whatever mustang wheels you want which would have to be spent regardless.

Where did you buy your jig from, Kevin? I paid $100.

I actually borrowed one...maybe i was thinking of something else, now that i think of it those jigs on the rotten leonard site are $100 shipped..my bad.

Can you buy a standard rotor with the 4 1/2 bc that fits a standard Mark brake setup ?

Members online

Back