adv need on ls or input

ls blue eyes

New LVC Member
Reaction score
i'm having problems with my ls. It's having problem starting up ...i have to give it a jump to make the car start up (the battary is only 2 months old)...when i stop at the light or press the brake my radio cut's off and the cars advance traction controls comes on telling me to check it...when i start gasing the car again the radio comes back on..any one have any advice or went thru anything like this...(the car just came back from the dealer before for over heating the problem was my coils)

I'm no expert but it sounds more like an alternator problem or defective battery. If you have to jump it then the system is not charging like it should. Check your conections on the battery also maybe one was left loose after coming back from the dealer. If you know how to take the alternator out then take it out and have it tested at Autozone or one of the parts stores that do it for free.

I agree with the advise above. Have your alternator checked.

Mine did exactly the same thing - usually under harder braking - the stereo would cut out - brakes would 'rattle'. Overtime, the battery would loose charge - over a period of weeks.

I swapped the alternator - problems gone.

definatly check alternator, these radio's need a decent amout of power to even turn on. Found that out durring my amp and sub amp install. I thought I blew stuff up, but it was fine with a charge, so check your alternator.
Eamonn

If you have an aftermarket stereo system in it that draws a ton of amps, I would say it may be exposing a weakness. The stock charging system will handle a lot though, so make sure it's up to snuff. It obviously isn't if you're having to jump the car. Have the electrical system completely checked out by a reputable shop. Autozone won't give you a complete check up...but it may be enough to show you have problems. Remember, alternators can still pump out voltage but be way down on amps. That's why I ALWAYS recommend a full charging system test ON THE CAR!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back