Adjusting the hood bumpers

BCA

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I noticed that the bottom of my hood is making contact with the bumper cover at the bottom of the grill area on the passenger side. Looking at the shut lines it's obvious that the hood alignment is noticably lower than the fender at the leading edge. Simple fix right? Just adjust the hood bumpers to bring it back to where it should be.

Problem is that they seem to be frozen and all four of them will not turn. I've sprayed WD-40 on them where the thread meets the base for three nights in a row and I they are still not turning. There is no apparent sign of any corrosion in on the threads and after soaking for several days, I would have thought that would take care of it. I'm wondering if there is something more involved or if there is a trick to getting them to turn.

may need some heat!

That had cross my mind, just was a bit worried about the rubber hex shaped cap loosing it's "grip" on the stud by doing that.
Just figured that I would ask here first in case there is some hidden jam nut or something similar keeping them from turning.

Nope, just super hard to turn if you haven't turned them before. Assuming they aren't fully extended and you have tried both ways.

I turned mine with big pliars. Gotta break past that first movement.

Nope, just super hard to turn if you haven't turned them before. Assuming they aren't fully extended and you have tried both ways.

I turned mine with big pliars. Gotta break past that first movement.

Good to know. Thank you.

I'll keep working on them.

Members online

No members online now.
Back