Adding adjustable pedals

Lincoln LS

1. jerryg2112

jerryg2112 Active LVC Member

Hi all

It's been a while since I've posted on LVC. Just bought a 2005 LS V8 Sport in Silver last week. The Continental is gone. Anyway I was wondering if anyone has added the adjustable pedals to their LS that didn't come with them. Any info is appreciated.

2. DeviLSh

DeviLSh Dedicated LVC Member

I didnt know these were an option on the gen2, I have them and dont want them/use them. Hmmm

3. joegr

joegr Dedicated LVC Member

Yes, it was optional. I made sure both of mine had them. We have short and tall drivers in the household.

4. 04_Sport_LS

04_Sport_LS Dedicated LVC Member

I sincerely doubt the factory wiring exists under the dash to make it "plug and play".

IF it could be done, they wouldn't auto adjust, so you'd have to have the dash switch setup and harness for the whole assembly... plus pedal mounting system and all bracketry. Then find a safe place to tap into the electrical system and hope you could get it to work.

Seems like it would be alot more trouble than it's worth.

5. joegr

joegr Dedicated LVC Member

I keep forgetting to look up the wiring diagrams to see how much that involves. I'm pretty sure that it is all or nothing (memory and manual adjust, or no adjust at all). I don't think that the switch can/will directly drive the motor that moves them. (Of course, you could rig something without too much trouble.)
    Anyway, the mechanical part of it is no big deal at all. You would get the few brackets needed from the donor car that you got the adjustable pedals from. It's pretty much just swap out the brake pedal and gas pedal assemblies. You do have to remove the steering column to do it.
    I swapped out the full assembly on my 06 because something broke in the brake pedal adjust. It's a bad feeling when your brake pedal just swings freely left and right.

6. 04_Sport_LS

04_Sport_LS Dedicated LVC Member

Would that be "yaw" braking? :D