Adding adjustable pedals

jerryg2112

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi all

It's been a while since I've posted on LVC. Just bought a 2005 LS V8 Sport in Silver last week. The Continental is gone. Anyway I was wondering if anyone has added the adjustable pedals to their LS that didn't come with them. Any info is appreciated.

I didnt know these were an option on the gen2, I have them and dont want them/use them. Hmmm

Yes, it was optional. I made sure both of mine had them. We have short and tall drivers in the household.

I sincerely doubt the factory wiring exists under the dash to make it "plug and play".

IF it could be done, they wouldn't auto adjust, so you'd have to have the dash switch setup and harness for the whole assembly... plus pedal mounting system and all bracketry. Then find a safe place to tap into the electrical system and hope you could get it to work.

Seems like it would be alot more trouble than it's worth.

I keep forgetting to look up the wiring diagrams to see how much that involves. I'm pretty sure that it is all or nothing (memory and manual adjust, or no adjust at all). I don't think that the switch can/will directly drive the motor that moves them. (Of course, you could rig something without too much trouble.)
Anyway, the mechanical part of it is no big deal at all. You would get the few brackets needed from the donor car that you got the adjustable pedals from. It's pretty much just swap out the brake pedal and gas pedal assemblies. You do have to remove the steering column to do it.
I swapped out the full assembly on my 06 because something broke in the brake pedal adjust. It's a bad feeling when your brake pedal just swings freely left and right.

Hi all

It's been a while since I've posted on LVC. Just bought a 2005 LS V8 Sport in Silver last week. The Continental is gone. Anyway I was wondering if anyone has added the adjustable pedals to their LS that didn't come with them. Any info is appreciated.

I know that it has been a little over a year since this was posted; however, even if this does not help you, maybe it will help someone else in the future. With this said, I have successfully completed this mod on my 2006 Lincoln LS and it was a easy and straight forward Plug and Play Mod (Mostly). Sorry I do not have any pics, I did not think of that until I was done. So here is what all you need:

- Brake and gas pedal assembly (with brackets) from donor car. (Make sure that you have the mini harness that is integrated into the brake pedal Assembly).
- Left hand dash trim assembly with new pedal adjustment switch.
- A good Laptop with Forscan (with Extended License) and of course a corresponding OBD II connecter that works with Forscan (I personally use and love VEEPeak)

1: So the first thing you need to do is disconnect the battery.
2: Next you need to remove the driver's lower shin panel trim then the metal bracket.
3: Now you need to remove the 7mm bolt holding in the left hand trim that has the light switch in it and remove the trim. At this point you will now see the two connectors for the light switch and dimmer and you will see another third connector mounted to this trim switch that goes to nothing (this is your pre-wired connector for your pedal switch), you will be plugging this into your new pedal switch during reassembly.
4: Now you need to unplug and remove the steering column (along with the plastic shroud) to make it easier to access the pedal assemblies. The column is rather easy and straight forward to remove: two connectors at the aft lower part and if I remember correctly there are four up front that connect into the multifunction switch, the clock spring, and the tilt/telescopic potentiometer. All these connectors unplug easily and reconnect just as easily. You will need to remove the four upper nuts holding the column and the one bolt at the end where it joins to the steering shaft near the firewall. Now you can remove and set the steering column aside while you work on this mod.
5: It is now time to unplug all connectors going to both the brake and gas pedal assemblies.
6: Next you need to remove the four nuts and two bolts holding in the brake pedal assembly, then move to the three nuts holding in the gas pedal assembly.
7: Now remove both pedal assemblies (Do not forget to remove the lock pin and dowel assembly from brake booster to pedal assembly (located on the brake pedal assembly)).
8: With both pedal assemblies removed, if you look over at the left kick panel towards the upper back corner you will see a connector plugged into a dummy connector jack (that is the prewired connector for the adjustable pedals); remove that connector from the dummy connector and set it aside.
9: It is time to install the new donor pedal assemblies into your car.
10: Plug in all the connectors to the pedal assemblies including the new one that you set aside that was removed from the dummy jack. The connector that was removed from the dummy jack in left kick panel assembly connects to the short harness that comes with the new brake pedal assembly from donor car.
11: Reinstall steering column and all associated connectors (be mindful to not to forget to reconnect the turn signal portion of the multifunction switch like I did the first go around)
12: Install new trim switch that holds the light switch and the new pedal adjustment switch from donor car and reconnect all connectors.
13: Reinstall shin panel metal plate and trim.
14: Reconnect battery
15: Now that you have everything complete you will find that when you try the new pedal adjustment switch out it does not work, this is because the Generic Electronic Module (GEM) Also known as the BCM needs to be programed to see and use the adjustable pedals. This is the part where you need a good laptop with Forscan. Once you have your OBD II connector connected and Forscan up and running you need to go to Module Programming and look for: Generic Electronic Module (GEM) "AS BUILT" and select it and hit the play button. Now you will see a series of numbers, for example here is what mine looked like: 52-01 821C 5920 FF69 . What you need to do is focus on the third digit in the second series of numbers in this case the second series of numbers is 5920, we need to change the xx2x to xx3x and hit write, so now the new code in this case looks as follows: 821C 5930 FF69 . Once you change the code to the new code, shut the car down and restart it. Now, just back out of Forscan and test the switch out, it should now function correctly. Congratulations, you now have fully functioning adjustable pedals that work with memory settings.

I hope that this helps someone, if you find yourself performing this mod and want to add images to this write-up you are welome to do so. Take care

Link to Forscan: FORScan Home
Link to VeePeak Connector that I use: https://www.amazon.com/Veepeak-OBDCheck-Bluetooth-Diagnostic-Supports/dp/B073XKQQQW/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=20X3UWZXEUAQO&dchild=1&keywords=veepeak+ble+4.0+adapter&qid=1600030072&sprefix=veepeak+ble,aps,161&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExWjg1MUtSSDM1UTJYJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNzI0OTE5MTBINkFLN1QzMEJKRiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUExMDMwNDQyMU41STRGOFdPM0dMTyZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

If any gen2'ers want to trade my power stuff for manual items let me know. I could use the weight savings :p

If any gen2'ers want to trade my power stuff for manual items let me know. I could use the weight savings :p

DevilSh, I still have the set that I just removed from this write up that I did, if you want them, you can have them, I was going to toss them anyway. If you pay for shipping they are yours, just PM me with your info and we will go from there. Till then, take care.

Donny

Members online

Back