Accident Woes

Black87LSC

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I got in an accident 2 months back.. It wasn't my fault but no one was cited. At the scene of the accident, I received a paper from the police officer with the other driver's information(license #, CDL license #, insurance company, etc. etc.). After a few weeks, his insurance company informed me that they were an "umbrella" insurance company that covered a lot of other company's. OK. So, this other insurance company that they referred me to sent an appraiser out to look at my car. I left my car at a local body shop for the day so the appraiser could look at it. When I returned to pick up my car, the body shop owner told me the good news that they would be totalling my car and I would keep it. The next week, I received a letter in the mail from their insurance company saying that the claim was "under investigation." The following week, I got another letter that said the same thing. I was talking through my agent to the company's this whole time. Weeks went by and I was just getting the "run-around," so I went to the police station the other day to have his plates run through the computer. The officer ran it as a truck, trailer, commercial, etc. and came up with nothing! I called my insurance agent the other day and updated her, and she said it wasn't unusual(I can't figure out why). She informed me that this insurance company did not have a policy on the truck in question, and that they were sending us to ANOTHER COMPANY! I just got off the phone with her a little while ago, and she told me that they were saying the accident wasn't their fault (it blatently was), and they were giving her a hard time. Can you guys point me in the right direction as to what I should do?

Thanks
-Brian

P.S. The truck was supposedly registered in another state at the time of the accident

Get an Attorney and sue the :q:q:q:qers, that looks like the only way you will get anything Brian!!!

I think I'm going to have to go to small claims court, I don't have money to hire an attorney. They probably know I'm only 19, and think I will not pursue the issue. However I'm not the average 19 y/o kid, and I will sue them until they are blue in the face if I have to. This car is my baby, all I want is to have it fixed.

Black87LSC said:
I think I'm going to have to go to small claims court, I don't have money to hire an attorney. They probably know I'm only 19, and think I will not pursue the issue. However I'm not the average 19 y/o kid, and I will sue them until they are blue in the face if I have to. This car is my baby, all I want is to have it fixed.

Stick it to them, until you get your ride fixed!!!!!!

..... quote Black87LSC ...I'm not the average 19 y/o kid, and I will sue them until they are blue in the face if I have to. This car is my baby, all I want is to have it fixed.quote

GOTTA LOVE AN LVC HOTTIE!!!!

THATS It HOTTIE, TEAR EM A NEW ONE!!!! You go Babe!!!! Dont give a minute and what about your insurance co? Do you have just liability? See what they can cover for you, then have them re-coop it from the guy, they can either go after his insurance co or sue the guy straight out, I know a friend it happened to.

Good Luck Hottie and let us know how it goes!!!!

MsM8

I got involved with an out of town insurance company, Admac I think it was, and they tried to run me around like that and my agent who was supposed to be there like a good neighbor wasn't, so I threatend to sue or jump on a plane and pay a little visit to
their home office and they finally paid up. what a pain in the ass it was, but don't give up.

ekenkade said:
"CDL license" what'd you hit?!?!?!

"I" didn't hit anything, I was stopped... What happened was a tractor trailer came off an off ramp and didn't stop, he blocked off the road when he turned across the front of me. I had just stopped my car, and his trailer tires rolled over my front bumper. Luckily(I guess), he didn't drive over the whole front end.

Here's what the truck did...

DSCN0137_640x478.jpg

DSCN0138_640x478.jpg

DSCN0139_640x478.jpg

DSCN0146_640x478.jpg

DSCN0136_640x478blam.JPG

I dunno yet, it did a lot of little damage everywhere... My insurance agent called me today with good news. After I threatened to take his company to court AND make a big deal about the truck not being registered, his insurance company decided they had a policy on the truck. I should know whats going on within the next week or so.

Hold out for all you can get...

After the run a round that they gave you, do not settle for what they offer. Hold out for exactly what you want. They almost always try to lowball you. Don't take and suggest that you are willing to sue for what you believe you have rightfully coming to you. DOn't forget the aggrevation factor.

LOL and I'm waiting for the check to make sure this isn't too good to be true first... I have a strange knack for talking myself into a $hitpile. I think something is gunna turn out and it doesnt!

Black87LSC said:
I have a strange knack for talking myself into a $hitpile. I think something is gunna turn out and it doesnt!
Join The Club, that happens to me also :D

I just got the check today!!! I'm getting a parts car within the next week(gotta get it running), so I just have to buy paint. I'll take the parts off, paint em up, and then put them on my car!!! Good thing I have background with cars, or else it would have cost me $2100 to fix it... Should be like brand new within the next month or so!!!:D

Black87LSC said:
I just got the check today!!! I'm getting a parts car within the next week(gotta get it running), so I just have to buy paint. I'll take the parts off, paint em up, and then put them on my car!!! Good thing I have background with cars, or else it would have cost me $2100 to fix it... Should be like brand new within the next month or so!!!:D
You made no mention of the tricks up your sleeve :D

HOTTIE your HOT!!!!!! and pretty awesome too, you gotta admire your love and enthusiasm for your ride!!! You'll get it done, no doubt here!!!

MsM8

Members online

Back