AC problems. Please help

markviii96

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 96 mark viii that that air is not working, I tried to add and it didn't take. So i took it in today and they said my high side pressure line is rusted out and you can't get a replacement one. Does anyone who where I could find one of these. Thanks for any help

1. How hard would it be for you to take a pic of this rusted high side line?

2. Did you try adding 134a yourself with the little can on the low side?

3. What happened exactly when 134a was trying to be added?

4. When was the last time the AC did work and blow cold air?

1. How hard would it be for you to take a pic of this rusted high side line?
The car is still at the shop, but when i get it back I may be able to take a picture. I haven't seen it yet to know if I can.

2. Did you try adding 134a yourself with the little can on the low side?
Yes, and a sealent.

3. What happened exactly when 134a was trying to be added?
You could smell it, and the pressure dropped out to nothing on the gauge

4. When was the last time the AC did work and blow cold air?
I am unsure of this because I just got the car.

Ok, so they are saying its the high side pressure line from the condenser to the compressor. I found an image of the parts at http://www.tascaparts.com, but they are hard to figure out. Here is the image they give

KB93060.gif

I know what the high side line looks like. I was just wondering what "yours" looked like, as far as rust was concerned but if you smelled it and the pressure dropped just about as fast as you added, then yes, you have a bad leak and is most likely where they say it's rusted. Could also be in other places too, along with the rusted out high pressure line.

Would #13 be that high pressure hose. I found the part at tasca ford, but don't want to waste $70 on it if wrong. It says hose cond to evaporator though so I am not sure.

1) you can't just go adding fluid without knowning how much is in there already, if you over pressurized the system, it still wont blow cold...

If you have a leak, then you have air in the system, air in the system will still register as weight to a gauge ..it needs to be vacuumed -once the leaks are repaired

1) you can't just go adding fluid without knowning how much is in there already, if you over pressurized the system, it still wont blow cold...

If you have a leak, then you have air in the system, air in the system will still register as weight to a gauge ..it needs to be vacuumed -once the leaks are repaired

Indeed!

Thanks. I plan to do this or have it done after the repairs. I didn't know that filter was rusted out when I tried the 1st time to add 134a, and when it took the can and my gauge was at 0 after I know i had a bad leak so I took it in, and they told me that was rusted.

Is the filter right by the a/c comp? If so mine and that line that swoops down then into the filter is cruuuuuuuuuuuusty.

There lots of places that will make lines, some have new ends some will use your old ones, in either case for that line your talking about with the muffler, the muffler doesnt have to be there, its just for noise.
Also, that line with the muffler cant be flushed as it is a stacked plate design inside and you wont get all the stuff out.

It is part of the line, you gotta replace the whole thing, I've got a couple spare (nearly everything)

It is part of the line, you gotta replace the whole thing, I've got a couple spare (nearly everything)

Hook him up Sapper, you live in a rust free area and w/e you have "has" to be better than what he has currently. His line with the muffler/filter and all are rusted so bad that no 134a can be added at all. If you could send him a line like you have pictured, all he would need is the o-rings and then have it installed and then a vacuum pulled and then filled properly. He should be set after that.

markviii96, let him ship you the whole line and all. You'll be a lot better off going that route. Don't use a rusted out high pressure line. It's just asking for trouble or well, another leak when the line bursts. Of course I don't know what Sapper wants for one of them but I suppose you two could work that out in a PM.

I would actually be hesitant to sell them, not so much because I need a spare, but I can't gaurantee they don't leak as well.

If you wanna pm me an offer and take the risk of "as-is" part ill ship it. Obviously I wouldn't sell it if it looked bad. Both mine look OK, but looks aren't everything in the Hose World

I would actually be hesitant to sell them, not so much because I need a spare, but I can't gaurantee they don't leak as well.

If you wanna pm me an offer and take the risk of "as-is" part ill ship it. Obviously I wouldn't sell it if it looked bad. Both mine look OK, but looks aren't everything in the Hose World

Maybe he'll get us a pic of what he has or is dealing with. None of us really can guarantee anything we sell to each other on here and he would most likely understand, I would think. It's just that yours would be coming from the south and if I went to my local JY, I might find one also but this week it's not even possible for me to visit any JY. Too many appointments going on. I'll text Jamie too and see if he has one in his garage or Pete. He just needs one that is from down here where we live. I think the salt has attacked his too much over the years.

I don't have any pics but that muffler is rusted out completely. I went and felt it today and it actually fell apart.

Sapperfire I sent you a PM

Members online

Back