AC non functional

That's also crazy! Why should the government just randomly get them? I feel like mineral rights should sell with the property by default.

People pass laws and that's what happens. Where I am talking about, if your property was in the 16th section of each area, all money from oil goes to the school system.

As for properties being separate from the rights to the minerals on the property, they figured out some time back that those could be retained or sold separately and most buyers wouldn't even think about it. As for me, I might (unlikely though) sell the property one day, but I'll never sell the mineral rights.

The factory charge had UV dye in it. You need to find the leak source and correct that before doing anything else. Two common leak sources are the scroll control valve o-ring and the low and high side port valves. Anywhere there is a connection is also a good place to check. It would probably be wise to replace all the o-rings now anyway. Anywhere it is leaking should be dirty/oily.
Hijacking the thread here. In short i have a leak somewhere the systems seems to be low on refrigerant. I can hear whistling in the system , when i start the AC , but i want to try to fix the leak before filling the system again. I had one big leak as it was also oily, on the back of the compressor . This was when i bought the car, but i noticed it on my first home inspection and didn't use the AC until i fixed it with a cheap kit with valve from Aliexpress. It seems to seal well as its not the same place where its leaking, or at least its not oily and i hope its not :) I noticed the above comment from Joegr, who says its possible the two valves to be leaking , or at least one of them. Problem is both are dry. Still the leak is currently small as i filled the system last summer and the AC still works altho it whistles on start. Leaking most of the refrigerant took over 10 months , so its probably a very small leak. There is dye in the system , when we filled it last summer, so i will be checking for leaks with the UV eventually, because there is no visible oily leak anywhere. I verified all connections except the ones that connect inside the cabin, but i don't think the leak is there as there is no smell of refrigerant. Its smelly and even a small leak there i will catch immediately . Are there any other possible locations for common refrigerant leaks except the back of the compressor, which i already fixed and the two valves ?

It could be out gassing through the hoses. You should get a pretty good green glow everywhere it is leaking using the UV light in the dark (or near dark).

Issue is solved, ended up being the lower valve. I didn't see the oil , because it was too little, but after using the UV lamp i noticed the leak. New schrader valve and some refrigerant and she is cold as ice :)

Members online

Back