ABS Problem

MRB73

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 92 LSC S/E and the check ABS light is on.After checking the codes I found that the right rear sensor is bad.I found a new sensor and tried to replace the old one but I can't figure out how to remove the old one from the car.I took off the caliper,rotor and dust shield.Took the one screw out that holds the sensor on but I can't get it to come off.Any ideas on maybe what I am doing wrong?

someone told me one of the rear brakes has something to do with the parking brake.

MRB73 said:
I took off the caliper,rotor and dust shield.Took the one screw out that holds the sensor on but I can't get it to come off.Any ideas on maybe what I am doing wrong?
From the 1989 shop manual 12-32-18
6. Remove the wheel sensor E8 Torx®head retaining bolt. Slip the gromet out of the rear brake splash shield and pull the sensor wire outward through the hole.

"I'm not a mechanic but I play one on the internet."

I have to apologize, I have not had the time to really troubleshoot this properly. I was just throwing it out for a first reaction.

No I have not checked the power to it, but I am also unsure as to where to check the power to the abs computer. Neither my ABS or my brake lights are one, but I have not checked to see it the bulbs are good.

Oh, and I got your email Oldschool. Thanks.

Members online

Back