ABS Light Help

jj_john_johnny

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a '93 Mark VIII and when I got in the car this morning the ABS and Trac lights were on. They were off when I parked the car last night and I haven't had any problems until now.

I searched the forum and ended up pulling the ABS codes, which came up as code 19. Anyone have an idea of how I can fix this?

thanks for the quick response. Where is the abs valve body located on these cars?

Could there be a possibility that the abs computer got unplugged, since that same thing happened with my '91 Taurus SHO. I didn't run the abs codes for the SHO, but there is no code listed for "computer unplugged". And where would the ABS computer be located on a Mark, I didn't see one

In front of left tire under bumper cover. Once you get the inner fender out, you'll see it, I promise :)...may be able to find a good one at the j/y, but you will need to bleed the pump once the new one is on. It's not too different from a normal bleed, just once you bleed the wheels and no more air comes out, then in the yard say, get to 10 mph and lock the brakes. Do that a few times and then re-bleed the brakes. That's how I did when I had to replace the ABS pump/controller on a 98 Windstar.

Just because I'm in a good mood and bored, I loaded the baby spoon to the hilt and searched for you.

attachment.jpg

ABS valve body/pump just to the left of the radiator fan (the big round thing)

i have a complete 93 abs pump and bracket, the whole 9 yards. sell it reasonable if you end up needing to replace it.

i have a complete 93 abs pump and bracket, the whole 9 yards. sell it reasonable if you end up needing to replace it.

Thanks, I'll keep you in mind. I'll probably know by sometime next week if I need to purchase it, since I don't have much time to look at it right now. PM me a price when you get a chance tho

Members online

No members online now.
Back