ABS and traction control

LongIslandLSE

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I know once the abs comes on then the traction control will come on as well. I went and got the codes,here it is.

C1233-LF wheel speed sensor input missing

I am probably going to replace the sensor and hopefully be done with it. One question I have is does anyone else have problems with reading codes with the obdII. Aside from the Chassis (c code), body (b code) anyone have trouble reading powertrain codes (check engine light). Kept getting n/a when trying to read the fault.

I don't think those codes can be read with a typical scanner. I know if I go to Autozone they can only read engine codes with the scanner they use. When I had AdvanceTrac issues I had to go to my ford mechanic friend who used the Ford diagnostic computer to read the rest. He also flashed the car computers with the latest firmware.

You can read c, b and p codes without a diagnostic machine. I was having trouble with the check engine light, my obd ii was spazzing out on me.

Before buying new speed sensors, you may want to pop them off and clean them up. I had this issue and discovered alot of dirt/grime caked up causing the misreadings. Not a cent was paid.

I will try that tomorrow, I'm driving to pa Thursday night so hopefully that works. :q:q:q:q always goes wrong when you are ready to do something.

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but I figured it's better than starting a new one.

I'm getting C1233 and the "Check Traction Control" message, along with ABS and traction lights on the dash. Scanner live sensor view shows data from all wheel speed sensors except front left, which is pegged at 0 all the time. I took the sensor out and cleaned it with MAF cleaner, but it didn't help. Before I buy a new sensor, I want to test it if I can. Can I swap the left and right WSS in the front, or are they side specific?

The same front hub assembly (including ABS sensor) is used on the left and the right.

Members online

No members online now.
Back