about to give up on this peice...

Former Member

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
This car has me depressed.

the other week my VCG's went. so i replaced those. fired it up and it was missing like crazy. so i replaced the coils and plugs. car is still :q:q:q:qed up. any ideas?

clogged cats? O2 sensor? i dont know...if i could throw this car at a wall i would right now.

Low horsepower, bad gas mileage, useless back seat, retardedly engineered, 2000 motor trend car of the year.

SUCK MY BALLS LINCOLN LS...SUCK EM LONG AND SUCK EM HARD

Did you replace all coils like mentioned in every COP failure post on this forum?

Im sure you should be aware that if it was any other problems it would most likely toss a different code

Are you sure you put everything back together? It does happen, you try to rush and get it all done and than realize you missed something later on. Take a break for a little bit and double check everything.

did you replace the coil hole orings and not just the vcg... did you replace the plugs or just the coils...

this is funny to me... this guy like 3 months ago was talking how is car was so bad ass....lol He loved his LS! and i told him just wait!

did you replace the coil hole orings and not just the vcg... did you replace the plugs or just the coils...

this is funny to me... this guy like 3 months ago was talking how is car was so bad ass....lol He loved his LS! and i told him just wait!

Yup, its a trend with those that think the LS is a track star.

NO it all happened cuz i told me dad "its been a pretty good car" LOL

I replaced 8 spark plugs, i replaced 8 coils, i replaced 2 valve cover gaskets, and 4 plug gasket rings....that answer your question? i also replaced the 2 other inner oring gaskets for the bolts.

I did go get the codes read... was EGR malfuntion. and multiple misfires. im sure they are related.

Car idles fine, revs fine in nuetral/park. put it in drive and everything goes to crap.

I managed to get it to my work, i work at a mercedes dealership. so im just going to have our shop foreman look at it. Thats why im so frustrated....i replaced EVERYTHING that makes it spark. ive had the coils out so many times after the gaskets were changed that i know the VCG's arnt leaking anymore.

I guess its EGR related, or so my car says.

Lincoln00 - You must be mistaking me for someone else. i dont find 15 second cars to be "bad ass"

Not to hijack this dudes thread. But whats with this coil problem? Is it mainly on the v8s or both the v8 and the v6. I bought my car with 43k, I am the 2nd owner its been well maintained I have the records from the dealership and I'm at 53k now. Everything is good, I just hope I dont end up like him later down the road, I really like the car. Good luck btw with your troubles. (side note I do have that problem with the driver side blowing out hot air, the dccv or something? is that easy to d.i.y. or should I just take it to someone.)

I replaced 8 spark plugs, i replaced 8 coils, i replaced 2 valve cover gaskets, and 4 plug gasket rings....that answer your question? i also replaced the 2 other inner oring gaskets for the bolts.

I did go get the codes read... was EGR malfuntion. and multiple misfires. im sure they are related.

Car idles fine, revs fine in nuetral/park. put it in drive and everything goes to crap.

I managed to get it to my work, i work at a mercedes dealership. so im just going to have our shop foreman look at it. Thats why im so frustrated....i replaced EVERYTHING that makes it spark. ive had the coils out so many times after the gaskets were changed that i know the VCG's arnt leaking anymore.

Lincoln00 - You must be mistaking me for someone else. i dont find 15 second cars to be "bad ass"

So now you got a great lawn ornament!

If it looks like the EGR, smells like the EGR, and acts like the EGR, then maybe its the EGR system. I'd say you've ruled out the COPs and VCGs so you should check out your EGR system. Too much exhaust entering the cylinder could definitely cause your misfires. Im not sure how it works on the LS, but in alot of cars, the EGR system isnt used at full power, so take it out on the road and goose her a little, if your not getting misfires at full load, then it zeros in on the EGR system even more.

Or, just unplug the EGR system and see how she likes it.
just my 2 cents.

man i hear you , I keep going through the same crap.
I have a 200k volvo making 350hp 420lb and it breaks less then my daily driver Lincoln. Thanks ford.

man i hear you , I keep going through the same crap.
I have a 200k volvo making 350hp 420lb and it breaks less then my daily driver Lincoln. Thanks ford.

Cars are like people..you drive a car into the ground..of coarse it's gonna need repaires...seriously...on a street race...what would you rather use...a *cough* volvo...or a Lincoln?

petesweets86 i dont have a clue what your post means lol...

id rather be driving neither in a street race!

It miss fires like crazy under full load.... which is kind of making me think its a clogged catalytic convertor.

have a tech look at it tomorrow. thing is stressing me out big time. can barely sleep with out having messed up dreams.

Cars are like people..you drive a car into the ground..of coarse it's gonna need repaires...seriously...on a street race...what would you rather use...a *cough* volvo...or a Lincoln?

Actually, some Volvos do perform.

Just never came across a Volvo I liked.....maybe if I took a S60 R out for a spin...might sway my decision but as my dislike list goes:
BMW
Porsche
Volvo
Scion
Saab
Honda
Kia
Hyundai
Buick
Saturn
Mercury
as far as the ones I can name without researching the other brands I dislike even though I've never been in one :/

well car went in....

how weird does this sound. VCG's AND fuel pump went at the same time. seems to weird to me. There saying that the car builds fuel pressure, then when you give it gas it just drops and the car dies.

SO there saying the transfer pump is good, and the fuel pump needs replaced.

655$...woo-freakin-hoo

and the best part is that might not even solve all my problems.

Wow man, damn fuel pumps... I had a problem like that on my Mercury Mystake...I mean Mystique. Fuel pump had the dealer screwed up.

Just never came across a Volvo I liked.....maybe if I took a S60 R out for a spin...might sway my decision but as my dislike list goes:
BMW
Porsche
Volvo
Scion
Saab
Honda
Kia
Hyundai
Buick
Saturn
Mercury
as far as the ones I can name without researching the other brands I dislike even though I've never been in one :/

Bimmer, Porsche??? Now I see why they were askin to ban you :D

BMW
Porsche
Volvo
Scion
Saab
Honda
Kia
Hyundai
Buick
Saturn
Mercury

which are out of your price range? :p

well car went in....

how weird does this sound. VCG's AND fuel pump went at the same time. seems to weird to me. There saying that the car builds fuel pressure, then when you give it gas it just drops and the car dies.

655$...woo-freakin-hoo

i was going suggest the cats but i guess you found your problem. hope that fixes it

well car went in....

655$...woo-freakin-hoo

if you can handle doing vcg's and coils, then you can certainly handle replacing your pump. its easy and will save you lots of $$$. Do a search as its been described a few times

Can't you get to the fuel pump from inside the car? Just need to remove the lower part of the back seat. a black clip on each side. Push and the seat comes free. You'll see a black plastic cover under there. Remove that, and it gives you access to the fuel pump.

which are out of your price range? :p

Na man I just hate them for no reason...I dunno why...but any time I see one I keep walking...nothing interests me about those brands. Though I could afford any of them...I just don't want to.....

Kinda how you never dated a kind of girl or seen a certain movie but yet their is something in the back of your head that says "I don't like that....for no reason"

Members online

No members online now.
Back