A white smoke problem and no acceleration / shaking

Have you looked at your spark plugs after this? And have you witnessed any CEL on your display, or does your display work or any dummy lights on your dash when running? If it is a cat or O2, then you should be getting CEL codes red out to you.

Why don't you just pull out the O2 sensor on the side you think has the clogged cat? This will let engine breath enough to giddy up and go.
Take it for short blast and see if she runs normal speed.
If she runs good you know its bad cat if she runs the same you need to look elsewhere. This is cheap easy and fast way to tell. Will be alittle loud but its a short test.

The white smoke problem even tho it wasn't the head gasket, then the cat problem, the bushings and tie rods, some electric issue with the dash boar lights and tail lights both out in the same time. Oil leak and small things.. I had to make a quick decision before starting to throw money on it and fix this and that so yea, I just sold it tonight. I wanted to fix it back so bad. It just didnt worth do it for a first gen 93, with 200k miles on it. Im happy i had it and I know I took best care of it. Until now when all broke down at once. Now it's gone it moved to her next owner. Im keeping my eyes open for another Mark VIII maybe a bit newer this time, or even a Caddy El Dorado. Tomorrow actually I'm going to see a 98 one in West Palm Beach, I still think the first gen looks much nicer. To me at least. Man, it only past 1 hour since I sold it and I miss her so bad, lol. I really hope the guy understood the problem to the car as I explained him everything that happened to it in past week. And he said he'll drive like that still. When I asked where and how far is that he said something about 40 miles. To see somebody pushing the car problems to the limits is just too much, at least he was told car wont take him that much without glowing problem again and smoke. And who knows what else. Well hopefully not. So thanks much everybody that helped and answered my questions, I really appreciate it! ...except few .a$$wh0les making fun on my other thread but it's all good(I hope their trannys are up and running..rolling down the hill))

You are a stand up guy Alex.

You reap what you sow and you are sowing some good back to you....

And why is that?

First of all, I havent mention how much i sold the car for. I made it fair to the person that bought it, money wise I mean. And I explained the buyer everything in detail about problems, issues, everything that was not in order(as far as I know). Now my guess is that he bought it for parts or so, or he have another one like this since he wasn't too worried about this issues nor my warnings not to drive it for a long distance or not to drive it at all. Or maybe he simply knew what is wrong with it and took the chance to fix it. I'm gonna sleep good tonight thinking that I havent told a lie about the car and the new owner gonna take care of it as much as I did. Everything else is relative.

You reap what you sow and you are sowing some good back to you....

Members online

Back