A Video of the Blk 98's First Run

Great video and run! :D. Funny how I'm used to hearing your car over your opponents but in this video when you go by you hear the Cobra whine and your car is just like whooooosh on the way by all quiet-like. :p

That was actually very impressive Don. If that car at 3.73 or 4.10 gears, the outcome would have been much different. Still tho, you held your own.

I just remembered something I wanted to say about these runs as they were made running 89 octane fuel. Mid-grade. Others on here have disagreed with me on this but I've had 3 stock 1st generation and 2 stock 2nd generations and they all ran better and got better gas mileage on 89 octane mid grade. Now others may get different results with gasohol or a tune. I just hate to see people wasting there hard earned money on premium when it is not needed

91 is premium here :(

lol. same here. but i buy the cheap stuff. 89 with ethanol. does fine. i get better mileage with non ethanol premium, (ethanol doesn't have very many BTUs) but it runs the same. maybe a little better cold start. but an intake cleaning, new IAC and intake gaskets also helped tremendously.

It should be obvious to everyone Don, as the owners manual says that the vehicle is disigned to run on 91 octane. :)

I know y'all are gonna give me slack here, but I always run cheapest gas and every once in awhile fill up with Premium.....

My buddy gives me crap all the time because he runs Premium only in his Mustang.

87, 89, and 92or93 here. I have my tune setup for 92 since 93 is not as common here. I have ran 91 without any obvious issues. Still drives the same to me.

Crap Same here. I had it wrong its 87, 89, and 93. I was running 89 octane. need to correct that. :slam

I fueled up at Holiday which when I was at the pumps I realized 91 IS premium there. So I had no choice in the matter. I was slightly curious about how it would affect the car since it is tuned for 92. Didn't do a damn thing and I still shredded the hell out of the tires pulling out onto the boulevard. LOL

First great run but psychostang gears will not make up almost 2 sec.

As for octane the lower the number less stable the fuel is so just be careful of detention.

Sorry, I do not understand ?? :confused:

The last word is "detonation". He was referring to engine knock/pinging which can happen with lower octane fuels. YMMV, there is certainly more factors besides octane that can cause detonation but octane can be a factor.

The confusion comes from the fact that the mark viii had a big reaction time advantage off the line. So with that advantage plus some steep gears, it's possible the Mark VIII could hold off the cobra through the 1/4 mile.

Maybe someday. So far for it I have gotten a 3800 stall, 3:73 gears with Trac/Loc, A Dirty Dog valve body separator plate, and I plan to free up the exhaust a little but I dont want it to be to loud.

it's possible the Mark VIII could hold off the cobra through the 1/4 mile.

Only in terms of reaction time advantage as we have seen here by the daydreaming at the light. Whoever completes the 1/4 mile quickest from starting beams to ending beams is the faster car even if they looked like crap doing it. :p

Don, I am embarrassed to say that your car ran a time similar to what mine did in 2010 with gears, stall, exhaust and chip tune with temperatures in the 80s. Another reason why I won't waste the time going to the track ever again when it is hot out. :rolleyes::eek::p My 60s were horrible that day too. This was on the junk transmission that failed on me shortly after.

fun day rock falls raceway 002.mpg - YouTube

With those mods you talk of and the good DA you have down there, your car may perform surprisingly well. I have always thought that it is tough to run 13s without the Cobra intake, but you might prove me wrong. 14.5 is a strong strong base line run.

BTW, I also think that you should put your 98 LSC in your signature claiming its best ET while stock. That is some bragging rights! :cool:

Members online

No members online now.
Back