A PILLAR GAUGE INSTALL opinions!?!?!

G-RELL

FULLY DIPPED LS
Reaction score
Opinion Time!!!

So i was able to locate an LSK A pillar gauge pod (thanks 2004LincolnLSV8). I've been looking for awhile for two reasons....
1. so i have a spot to run a voltage gauge (monitor subs)
2. the pods just look F'n awesome.

Now i dont have a FI system, and other than intake not too many performance upgrades, so I need to figure out what to put in the other pod

SO..
Question 1:what do you think i should run... here's a list of what i've found:

(I planned on ordering glowshift gauges http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/?gclid=CMjCsrH1zbACFSdjTAodmUOtng)

Turbo Boost Gauge
Wideband Air Fuel Gauge
Trans Temperature Gauge
Oil Temperature Gauge
Water Temperature Gauge
Exhaust Gas Temp Gauge
Oil Pressure Gauge
Fuel Pressure Gauge
Air Pressure Gauge
Speedometer
Tachometer
Voltmeter Gauge
Fuel Level Gauge
Vacuum Gauge
Clock Gauge

Honestly the most useful gauge on that list for me (although it seems stupid) would be the Speedo... I dont know about you guys, but i drive with one hand and can NEVER see the speedometer. Even with my hands off the steering wheel blocks 40-65 most of the time...

Question 2: I planned on ordering the white gauge overlay for my cluster (or a different white gauge cluster setup (you'll see soon ;) ))

so should i get:
White gauges like this (to match the possibly new cluster)
12_W7_Volt_Main.jpg
12_W7_Volt_Night.jpg
12_W7_Colors.png

or stay with stock (black) cluster and go with these:

They have a tinted glass that looks blank when gauges are not on.

2011_T7_Volt_Thumbv3.jpg

So what gauge and color setup? love to hear from everyone!! :cool:

I vote you change your mind and let me buy it. I need one to run dual wideband a/f's. I monitor voltage with my Audiocontrol Epic-150.

Now I hate you. We are even. LOL.

Find me one man.

Oh now you wanna be serious??? Lmao. Just giving you a hard time.

Vaccum would be one since oil pumps are not known to go bad on our cars. But, oil pressure can never be a bad thing.

Thank you for the link. Much appreciated.

Oh now you wanna be serious??? Lmao. Just giving you a hard time.

Vaccum would be one since oil pumps are not known to go bad on our cars. But, oil pressure can never be a bad thing.

Thank you for the link. Much appreciated.

LOL Im always serious :shifty:

I'd although there is plenty things i can monitor like "vaccum"... what would be the benefit running everything stock... I have no adjustments to make...hmm

If u develop a cylinder that is about to go bad, you will see the vaccum levels change. Could save you an engine depending on how long you plan on keeping you car.

Turbo Boost Gauge -Cool, but common
Wideband Air Fuel Gauge -My fav, neat thing to keep an eye on
Trans Temperature Gauge -Who cares?
Oil Temperature Gauge -cool one
Water Temperature Gauge -who cares?
Exhaust Gas Temp Gauge -awesome, i'd put that in
Oil Pressure Gauge -good
Fuel Pressure Gauge -kinda cool. but point-less
Air Pressure Gauge -not needed
Speedometer-you have one, but you said you need it.
Tachometer- same
Voltmeter Gauge -if wireing subs that could become very useful
Fuel Level Gauge -not worth it
Vacuum Gauge -could be good for the reason stated above.
Clock Gauge -idk

Just my opinions on the differant gauges.

And go with black, tinted glass. That has a little bit more class. Opposed to most imports who always have white, or weird colored backgrounds.

Speedometer is pointless. I drive one-handed a lot and can't see my speedo, but all it takes is a quick peek to see where you are.

Gauges are cool, though. I had a few in my old 87 LSC. It was a then recently rebuilt engine and super charged so I wanted to know what was going on.

P1010008Medium.jpg

P1010009Medium.jpg

:D

Lmmfao!!!! Now that was funny. :)

Thx for the info and more importantly, being literate.

Except it's YOU'RE welcome. Your is possessive, you're is the contraction for you are; as used in that sentence.

And you're welcome :p

I'd go with oil pressure. Have you thought about wrapping the gauge pod to match the interior before installing it?

Something to smash your head on in an accident. Pick the cushiest one;) Or red so the blood blends in.

Marc, are you running a wideband on each bank? I'm just going to do passenger side since that is the bank fed after the solenoid.

Just going to do the one like you want to. I want the other one to be the vaccum.

Alax....have a pic? I am very interested if you have one to sell.

Something to smash your head on in an accident. Pick the cushiest one;) Or red so the blood blends in.

The LSK pillar actually sits pretty low on the dash. If my head hits that, Its not going to matter what was there....

gaugepodmerged.jpg

I'd go with oil pressure. Have you thought about wrapping the gauge pod to match the interior before installing it?

I just plan on painting it (tan) to match the other side's cloth... I know someone else wrapped there's (2002 maybe). Im fine with it painted.

I'll be making my own so I dont need it after all.

Cool. Pm a price and a price for shipping to zipcode 45638. Thx....

Members online

No members online now.
Back