a new sheriff in town? what happened to the Town Car?

lincolnjlincoln

LVC Member
Reaction score
I received some shocking news. the Town Car after all of its years of service is being replaced as the flagship vehicle for Lincoln for over 20 years and now it is being replaced by this new MK-S Why is ford doing this? first off this new Lincoln is going for $38,000 my 1992 Town Car was $37,000 whats going on? i would prefer the sentinal or something similar. Why cant they leave the town car alone they need to bring back the 80s and 90s style. Well what do you think?

You haven't taken inflation into account. 38K now is considerably less than what 37k was back in 92. Is the MK S even big enough to fill the void that will be left by the Town Car? What will the limo companies do? Who knows what the heck Ford are up to these days... Don't think they even know.

Looks like a saturn or an acura, I cant tell anything apart anymore!

You haven't taken inflation into account. 38K now is considerably less than what 37k was back in 92. Is the MK S even big enough to fill the void that will be left by the Town Car? What will the limo companies do? Who knows what the heck Ford are up to these days... Don't think they even know.

exactly the town cars now can run upwards 50k and they want to replace it with 38k wth! as far as it goes nothing will ever fill the void left by the towncar our only hope is that they are going to renovate it completely you know like their doing with the muscle cars even though their not as good as their 1960 counterparts their better than the 90s i just want the town car back they killed it a long time ago and have just been dragging its carcus around like a sick trophy or something 1997 was the last year for me.

i like the 98-current towncars ok. my 99 was the best crown vic i ever drove!

Style

I received some shocking news. the Town Car after all of its years of service is being replaced as the flagship vehicle for Lincoln for over 20 years and now it is being replaced by this new MK-S Why is ford doing this? first off this new Lincoln is going for $38,000 my 1992 Town Car was $37,000 whats going on? i would prefer the sentinal or something similar. Why cant they leave the town car alone they need to bring back the 80s and 90s style. Well what do you think?

Yes, I agree. I like the older box look with the sharp lines. I don't even recognize a towncar today. Young people get in my 86 and say "what kind of car is this, it glides". I would love to own a mark IV or V, but the 460 engine just sucks too much gas at todays prices. Those early cars were cavernous inside. bob

Members online

Back