A little custom interior work

GoldCoastLs

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have recently painted the factory wood plastic to a color changing paint... tell me what you all think, also i have put in a mesh grill in the bumper, and painted the calipers red......Let me know what you all think.

P1010113.JPG

P1010114.JPG

P1010115.JPG

P1010116.JPG

P1010117.JPG

P1010118.JPG

P1010119.JPG

P1010120.JPG

P1010121.JPG

P1010123.JPG

I like the paint on the dash components, but not completely sure what to think of the grill.

Nice interior components. You got them installed yet? If so, snap some pics of it.

I like the grill alot. The calipers...so,so on the whole red thing but everybody does it so I approve. The dash. Lets see it installed. I like the initiative though so I hopes it works out to your satisfaction.

Just installed

I just installed the painted parts,(uuggg) the climate control was a real pain to put back together, but i got it...here are some pics, right now im working on the wood colored plastic on the doors.

P1010128.JPG

P1010127.JPG

P1010129.JPG

GoldCoastLs said:
I just installed the painted parts,(uuggg) the climate control was a real pain to put back together, but i got it...here are some pics, right now im working on the wood colored plastic on the doors.

I really do not know a polite way to say this, so I will just say it.

You really must take the "LINCOLN" off of the Passanger side dash. It looks very tacky and immature.

I am not trying to disrespect your hard work, I applaud you for making the huge effort to do this. Unfortunately (this is just my opinion) I would not have done this to my car if I wanted to be taken seriously.

Not into the color, or the lincoln decal, but the paint work looks excellent! grill looks great! just my two bits!

Live your life, because you never get out alive in the end.

I like the fact that you are doing something totally different. The color is a little odd at first, but overall I like it. I have to agree on the Lincoln thing though, it doesn't match at all. If you really want to have that say Lincoln, look into an old Navigator Interior. Supposedly the y have a piece that fits in the LS right there above the glove box. Then you could just paint that. I know I've seen someone on cardomain.com with it. Maybe this is where you got the idea.

starting to agree

Hey thanks for your input everybody, the LINCOLN lettering in the dash matchs the paint on the body, but the more i look at it the more i want to sand it off and start over. I really appreciate the responses though. the paint i used looks much better in person, its more of a metallic charcoal...like the color of greyghost's car, but the flash from the camera gives it that purple tint.

GoldCoastLs said:
the paint i used looks much better in person, its more of a metallic charcoal...like the color of greyghost's car, but the flash from the camera gives it that purple tint.

Yeah, the pieces up top look more charcoalish than the installed pics. The flash can do crazy things to paint. I think if you re-do the Lincoln thing you have a winner!

I like the exterior man. You got a sweet LS. Interesting effect with the custom dash. Not my style but if you like it then its all good.

Seems like a flawless job. Keep the ideas coming!

How did you remove the black plate with the gears. I'm trying to replace my shifter bulb but I'm unable to remove the black plate?

Cool custom affect, I'm looking to do something of sort but in another color. I'm thinking of using a pearl paint.

shifter plate

The shift knob takes a little caressing to get off, i used a plastic screwdriver to pry the chrome ring between the leather on the shift knob and the plastic bottom. just gently pry the ring down, and the tapered peice of plastic just slides down, then remove the two screws and pull up on the leather part of the shift knob, it takes quite a bit of pulling, and wiggling. then to remove the plastic shift plate.... at the back of the center console, there is a piece of plstic with some air vents, just pull straight out to pop that off, then just pull up on the back of the center console, and it pops right off, un-hook your wiring harness for the traction control, and then just pop off the plastic plate. the white part is attached to the black, so dont try to pry those apart, it is one unit. The real tough part of this project was the radio and climate control moduale....if anybody else does this BE CAREFUL WITH THE CLIMATE CONTROL FACE PLATE.

I was trying to remove the black plate from the white plastic piece.

I don't think I'll have problems with my radio module plate simply because I've installed an aftermarket clarion head unit. As for the climate module, that's a whole different story. Was the problem taking is out or putting it back in...

San Diego LS Driver 4 live...

A/c unit face plate

For you bulb in the shifter, they are on the right side if you are sitting in the car, just turn and pull, they come right out. And the climate control face plate was a pain to remove because it has little clips on each button you have to undo to get the face plate off.

Newest additions- Red Neons
Removal of the hidious LINCOLN in my dash...
Sorry no pics, camera battery is dead for now, but ill post them soon...

I want to paint my climate control surround satin nickel but how the hell do you get the buttons out like that?

He hasn't been on since 05.

On another note, there are small hex screws holding the faceplates on. I can't remember how the buttons were held in though.

Members online

No members online now.
Back