a good suv?

weezyls03

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
i need some feedback on some suv's. i've never owned one but i need a reasonably priced one around 20-25k. it's for the wife to haul the kids around in and a van will never be discussed about. feedback would be greatly appreciated! thanks!!

You can get a lot with that kind of money, assuming you are shopping pre-owned. It would help to know more of what you want: 4WD/RWD/FWD, towing, hauling, seating needed, luxuries desired, brands preferred, etc.

You can get a lot with that kind of money, assuming you are shopping pre-owned. It would help to know more of what you want: 4WD/RWD/FWD, towing, hauling, seating needed, luxuries desired, brands preferred, etc.

this...

or Jeep Srt8 :shifty:

lol i would take the srt8 if i ended up buying one. i need a 4wd and i like the fully loaded packages. towing could be good but it's not needed. i'll look at the denali and see if she likes it also. thanks fellas!

For that price you can get a pretty nice Tahoe/Suburban/Yukon, or probably a very nice Aviator or Navigator as well, assuming you're looking for more than 5 seats. The Dodge Durango is also nice, the ones they've been making since 2011 are great looking.

With 5 seats, some German vehicles are pretty good: VW Touareg, Mercedes ML. The 7-seat Audi Q7 and Mercedes GL are still pretty expensive, although I suppose ones within that price range can be found. In terms of American ones, the Trailblazer and its cousins are good (my girlfriend has a Saab 97X, it's very nice), as are the new (2011) Explorers and Jeep Grand Cherokees.

I'm not a big fan of Japanese or Korean cars, but I suppose the Nissan Pathfinder, Honda Pilot and Toyota 4Runner aren't bad. Just not my cup of tea.

A Lexus lx-470 will last you forever, drive through anything, and is built like a tank. They are pricy used, but they are worth every penny. Nissan pathfinder is ok, IIRC some years had transmission problems, they slip until they warm up.

Members online

Back