A few questions for Ken. Everyone is welcome to contribute.

Vivid LS

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Alright guys.

I have a few questions that I need help with and welcome all opinions.

#1.I see the chrome eyebrows on LSKoncepts. Has anyone purchased these yet and does anyone have pictures of them.

#2.Ken do you have the measurements for the roof wing for the MKZ that you sell on your site? I want to find one that fits the LS.

#3.Is there a way to wire up 2 sets of angel eyes? I want one set in red for the car shows and the normal set for everyday driving. I would want to be able to switch between them. Also is there room for 2 sets in the headlight?

#4.What do you guys think of a set of Black rims with a chrome lip on the red LS. I might be switching the rims up and have been thinking about black. I am not sure about it though. Does anyone have black rims on a Vivid Red LS?

#5. I have been thinking about chroming the strip along the doors. Is it possible to do this?

Thanks alot guys. As I said above all opinions are welcome. I am trying to change some stuff up for this year.

I must disagree. IMHO, you should stick with the all chrome. It really sets off the car color.

True, but there is enough black on the car (tint, lower grill, etc) that I think it works. anyway here's a quick (and rather poor) photoshopish job
9032vi1ef3.jpg

Definatly black rims. Chrome sticp on the doors... are oyu talking about the little door ding protector, if so leave that red. I would say if your gona do black rims, get rid of all the chome accent, well on your car it could go both ways....and the angel eyes, i cant wait to see what you do. red and "blue" would be insane.

vivid i think your rims look good as they are right now. as far as the roof spoiler i've been wanting to do it for the longest time. the closest i came was a roof spoiler from a bmw. can't remember the one at the top of my head but i can find out. it was from ebay. it had the measurements on there but i'm apprehensive about buying something that i can't visually see on the car first. the trim you can chrome. call a few places around your area. the hardest part would be taking it off and they will charge a pretty penny for it. the chrome eyebrows i think would look best with a lighter car as a silver ls or maybe white but a darker color like yours or mine it might be too much of a contrast from the rest of the car. the 2 sets of angel eyes sounds sick, i never even thought of it. i don't think it would be possible realistically tho. if you install one set the other set will block it and what would it grab on to? just a few things to consider. i've always loved your car and if you decide to do any of these i know it'll be a nice look. the rims are fine in my opinion. if you do the roof spoiler please let me know. pm me to talk about it more in depth if you'd like. i've always wanted to do it and might go ahead and do it for the benefit of the rest of the people. at least giving them the option.

Dont do the chrome strips.. I saw a LS with them the other day, & I think they look really terrible.

If you're going for the tuner look, get the black rims, put chrome vinyl striping on the doors and add a nitrous kit.

Chrome wheels.. don' go black.

You know what they say:
"once you go black, you'll never go back" hahaha.

Alright guys.

I have a few questions that I need help with and welcome all opinions.

#1.I see the chrome eyebrows on LSKoncepts. Has anyone purchased these yet and does anyone have pictures of them.

#2.Ken do you have the measurements for the roof wing for the MKZ that you sell on your site? I want to find one that fits the LS.

#3.Is there a way to wire up 2 sets of angel eyes? I want one set in red for the car shows and the normal set for everyday driving. I would want to be able to switch between them. Also is there room for 2 sets in the headlight?

#4.What do you guys think of a set of Black rims with a chrome lip on the red LS. I might be switching the rims up and have been thinking about black. I am not sure about it though. Does anyone have black rims on a Vivid Red LS?

#5. I have been thinking about chroming the strip along the doors. Is it possible to do this?

Thanks alot guys. As I said above all opinions are welcome. I am trying to change some stuff up for this year.

IMO, #1..dont do it

#2..Ive been looking for somethng simmillar but I think other styles would look better.

#3..I dont think 2 layers will work for many reasons, first I doubt there is room second dont trust that much heat.

#4.. Do it, I would knock that down first to, get them right away.

#5..Dont do it just paint them to match the wheels or car.

Heres one that I have been thinking of.

I found a site about 2 years ago that I no longer can remember but I know it can be found. It was mostly dedicated to stupid Cavaliers and Sunfires, but they had some cool cheap stuuf.

They had all different kinds of CCFL's and such in different diameters, I was thinking about putting some in the tails. Im sure there would need to be more work and detail to do to fill in any funny gaps between the halo and the reflector.

#1.I see the chrome eyebrows on LSKoncepts. Has anyone purchased these yet and does anyone have pictures of them. I have had several purchases of the chrome eyebrows. No one has sent me pictures of those yet. I kept getting requests for chrome eyebrows and that is why we decided to sell them. I don't think they'll look good on every car but some folks may like it.

#2.Ken do you have the measurements for the roof wing for the MKZ that you sell on your site? I want to find one that fits the LS.I don't have the measurements on the roof spoiler. 3dCarbon may provide those for me. I can inquire and see what they say.

#3.Is there a way to wire up 2 sets of angel eyes? I want one set in red for the car shows and the normal set for everyday driving. I would want to be able to switch between them. Also is there room for 2 sets in the headlight?That is tough with CCFL. The rings themselves are colored. That means you'd have to have two sets of angel eye headlights to pull that off. If you have the first generation angel eyes that used the light boxes you could do that with ease and with ANY color you wanted. Finding the first generation angel eye kits is going to be tough.

#4.What do you guys think of a set of Black rims with a chrome lip on the red LS. I might be switching the rims up and have been thinking about black. I am not sure about it though. Does anyone have black rims on a Vivid Red LS?I don't think that would look good on your car. Either chrome or possibly red wheels will look good.

#5. I have been thinking about chroming the strip along the doors. Is it possible to do this?Why not eliminate the strip all together?

put the black rims on there!! and take the chrome door pillars off. everything else will still look good.

Color match the wheels to the car. IMO the chrome strip would look too tacky. If you go with black rims, I feel your car will look more tuner than luxury. Right now With your body kit and wheels I feel you have reached the happy medium. Just do the suicide doors and hold off on redoing what already looks fabulous. Just my opinion

I would Shave the door handles and the trim. Maybe color match a SMALL portion of the wheels. It might be cool to color match the "V8" emblem as well. Leave the eye brows as the are and finally color match the pillars on the door. what do you think?

Update the headlights to post 03 ones, dont get anything more than what you have in chrome, chrome is cool but to much can easily lead to overkill.

Color match or get rid of the emblem, paint those pillars to match the car as well.

If you do the rear window spoiler, get rid of the sunroof vent thing.

Get the halos if you want but dont layer them up.

If you're going for the tuner look, get the black rims, put chrome vinyl striping on the doors and add a nitrous kit.

Nah, you don't need a nitrous kit... all you need are the NOS stickers; it seems that's what supposed to make you go fast anyway... the stickers...

On a side note, why is it every tuner out there calls it NOS? That's like calling every single vehicle built a chevy...

just keep what ya got...

I personally wouldn't do the rear window spoiler; it's only going to mess up your aerodynamics, create more drag... blah blah blah

Nah, you don't need a nitrous kit... all you need are the NOS stickers; it seems that's what supposed to make you go fast anyway... the stickers...

On a side note, why is it every tuner out there calls it NOS? That's like calling every single vehicle built a chevy...

Whats with people even thinking NOS is so cool ? I hate it.

lol are you refering to NOS the brand? Or are you using NOS as a substitute for Nitrous?

NOS is a bit more pricy than a LOT of other brands of nitrous out there... I guess you pay for the name

i think black would look good. but i dont like the chrome center cap you photoshopped. no more chome anything. i would really like to see the rear window spoiler. it looks good on bmws and i think it would look good on an ls.

your car looks great now, but you need to get a gallery setup so we can check it out more often...

I like kens idea, pull the side striping and fill it in, it looks nice. Keep those rims, or get something with vivid red accents... just an idea. I saw a picture of the chrome eyelids recently, I'll look for it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back