A few questions about future mods.....

Blackout

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok I wanna do my homework ahead of time so I just have a few questions.

1. Is there any intake systems for the Mark VIII's? Because all I saw on Lincoln Motorsports website was a MAF and a box but is there an actual whole setup or do we need to custom make them?

2. Door sills......does any place make like billet door sills or something metal with like the Lincoln logo or Mark VIII logo? Because mine look all beat up and have some rust on them

3. 90mm MAF......big difference or slight difference?

Now just 2 last questions. WHen I got my car I noticed that at around 50 or so mph the steering wheels shook. So I brought it in and got the tires balanced. And it still does it now. Is this normal? And also I heard on MarkVIII.org in the FAQ section that our driveshafts are two piece and not one piece and they can vibrate or something like that at high speeds and that the remedy is to get an aftermarket one piece shaft instead. Is this true? And if so I would like to stick with the two piece so is there anything to do to fix this?

1. LMS sells an intake kit - MAF/adaptor/filter/icebox. You can mod your own intake tube but I think LMS has pre-modded ones if they're available. If you're lookin' for an inner fender cold air intake, you'll have to fab your own. I happened to come across a cobra densecharger kit modified to fit a t-bird setup which works fine with some modifications. They have since changed owners? http://www.super-chip.com/densechargers.htm

2. Only the early 93 models had door sills with "Mark VIII" logo. I've seen some pieces on ebay with SS inserts but they were plastic also.

3. 90mm MAF? What make? If you change the MAF, I suspect you will need a chip tuned for it as well.

The Mark VIII platform is highly susceptible to wheel imbalance. If you do a search you will find quite a few posts on this as well as the driveline vibration issue. The early 93s had a one piece driveshaft and yes the later two piece design was probe to vibration issues. You can get a MMx aftermarket driveshaft for big bucks($500), and if you need it they are worth every penny.

driller said:
1. LMS sells an intake kit - MAF/adaptor/filter/icebox. You can mod your own intake tube but I think LMS has pre-modded ones if they're available. If you're lookin' for an inner fender cold air intake, you'll have to fab your own. I happened to come across a cobra densecharger kit modified to fit a t-bird setup which works fine with some modifications. They have since changed owners? http://www.super-chip.com/densechargers.htm

2. Only the early 93 models had door sills with "Mark VIII" logo. I've seen some pieces on ebay with SS inserts but they were plastic also.

3. 90mm MAF? What make? If you change the MAF, I suspect you will need a chip tuned for it as well.

The Mark VIII platform is highly susceptible to wheel imbalance. If you do a search you will find quite a few posts on this as well as the driveline vibration issue. The early 93s had a one piece driveshaft and yes the later two piece design was probe to vibration issues. You can get a MMx aftermarket driveshaft for big bucks($500), and if you need it they are worth every penny.

No chip is needed for an MAF if it's a 96+ ODB-II car... that's what Geno told me today.

Members online

Back