A few grille questions

bmxbang

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
So I have a 2004 lincoln LS (see picture below). Now i was checking out the tasca website in search for a grille and i noticed that when you change years from 2003 to 2004 different grille prices and options are available. now my understanding was from 2003 to 2006 the hood/grille on the LS didn't change but did the grille? I also noticed that on the offical ford parts site that they offer a grill from mid 2003 to mid 2004 then they have another one priced 10 bucks higher after mid 2004. What's going on here :confused:

IMG_1286.jpg

Once you get to 2003 and up, the two grills from factory are going to be either the regular grill that you see above, with the chrome surround and black slats - or the color matched surround with chrome slats, this is what is referred to as the LSE grille, or the stock grille for ALL 2006 models.

Once you get to 2003 and up, the two grills from factory are going to be either the regular grill that you see above, with the chrome surround and black slats - or the color matched surround with chrome slats, this is what is referred to as the LSE grille, or the stock grille for ALL 2006 models.

Alright so all grills 2003 and up will fit, I wonder why Tasca has it the way they do. I guess I'll have to call them up or something.

its because they made an lse in 2002 which was color match with gray slats, didn't make the lse in 2003, and made an lse in 04-05 with the chrome slats like andrizzle mentioned, and then 06 all lses had the chrome slats and color matched, correct?

Alright so all grills 2003 and up will fit, I wonder why Tasca has it the way they do. I guess I'll have to call them up or something.

Maybe the gen2 one piece and gen2 2 piece grilles cost different. Or it could just be the lse grille and the reg grille like andrizzle said.

its because they made an lse in 2002 which was color match with gray slats, didn't make the lse in 2003, and made an lse in 04-05 with the chrome slats like andrizzle mentioned, and then 06 all lses had the chrome slats and color matched, correct?

Correct

Members online

No members online now.
Back