A/C Recharge

9_8_L_S_C

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I am trying to find the low side to recharge the a/c and no luck.Its for a 98 LSC.I bought the R134 recharge and nothing sems to be the same size?Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Rob:)

I believe it's near the firewall on the passenger side. It's connected to the accumulator (I think that's what it's called). That's the only fitting my pressure gauge would fit.

Yup,

on the passenger side of the firewall, where the ac lines run in to a black can lookin thing, it's on there.

Mike

Yep thats the one-for some reason it didnt seem to fit yesterday?Thanks guys-she's blowing cold again :rolleyes:

Yeah mine blows warm but I'm pretty sure it's got refrigerant. It cycles from like 45 psi down to 20 or so and back up.

well, you don't have enough then.

20PSI on the low side is the cut off for the pressure switch. Whats happening is....when the clutch kicks on, the compressor is sucking the low side down too far, and the switch is shutting the system down. I would check for a clogged orifice tube, and then pull a vacumn on the system to check for a leak. Then recharge with 2 Lbs of R134-A.

I normally like to see about 40-50 PSI on the low side, and about 150 or so on the high.

Members online

Back