A/C fuse or relay?

No picture, but the relays and a diagram on them that clearly identifies the coil and the contacts. You want to jumper (on the relay socket) across the common contact and the normally open contact. (Simple answer, three blades are turned one way, and two are turned 90 degrees to that. It those two that you want to jumper across.) I take no responsibility for the damage that you may do.

I'm sorry, but you are very wrong in this case. There are no pressure sensors inside the compressor. There is one pressure sensor on the LS. It is on the high side of the system. The PCM won't engage the compressor clutch if the high-side reading is too low or too high. The PCM will also not engage the compressor clutch if the evaporator temperature is too low, the engine temperature is too high, or the idle speed is too low. I did explain all that at the start of the thread.
now that i think about it, you are correct, not sure why i was thinking it was all internal in the compressor, probably losing my mind,...

No picture, but the relays and a diagram on them that clearly identifies the coil and the contacts. You want to jumper (on the relay socket) across the common contact and the normally open contact. (Simple answer, three blades are turned one way, and two are turned 90 degrees to that. It those two that you want to jumper across.) I take no responsibility for the damage that you may do.

Thanks Joegr. I ended up just taking the cover off the relay and wedging the contacts. I made sure I had a can of 134 already hooked to the compressor before I plugged in the relay. Clutch kicked in, pressure was low so I added one can. Now everything in working and cabin is cool. Also most of the faults cleared themselves out on the DATC.

Members online

No members online now.
Back