A/C Fan blowing weak when on Max A/C

seionkelley

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 1994 Mark VIII that I just charged the A/C but when I press max A/c there is no change in the fan speed and the air isn't blowing out the vents very hard. What could be the problem? Could it be the climate control panel?
Thanks
Kelley

My '93 doesn't blow very strong either. I have changed the blower motor and climate control unit. Still doesnt blow cold. Maybe just a Gen ! thing? My '98 will blow you into the back seat!!

It has to be something causing it to not blow very hard.

My '93 doesn't blow very strong either. I have changed the blower motor and climate control unit. Still doesnt blow cold. Maybe just a Gen ! thing? My '98 will blow you into the back seat!!

Ok, it blows some out the vents but it blows hard out the window defrost vents when its on max a/c. Why is it blowing out the front window vents?

The blend door should not be causing weak air from the vents, and a gen I does not have a blend door arm like the gen II does. A sure sign of a stripped gear in the gen I blend door actuator is a constant clicking sound from behind the message center, especially after start up. Have you done the EATC self test? I am guessing you might have a vacuum leak somewhere. Check under the hood where the vacuum line for the EATC goes through the firewall. There is also a check valve behind the right side shock tower that could be stuck or partially clogged. If you have vacuum you might have a bad EATC unit or maybe even a mouse nest somewhere. Start with the self test and go from there.

He's getting strong air through the defroster so if it's not a vacuum leak, my guess would be the actuator for the blend door. Mine clicks in the winter time until it warms up good inside and then the click stops. 40 or above, it don't make the first sound. Weird.

Didn't know if the Gen 1 had the arm or not but now I know. :p

Blend door doesn't control where the air goes its controlling hot and cold air
There is another door that controls where the air goes check that one

when there is a vacuum leak in the system the unit by default blows thru the defroster, kind of a safety thing, the only thing a car truly needs is defrost,everything else is a luxury.

Members online

Back