A/C Delete Belt Size

Duck

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Anyone know the length for an A/C delete belt? Friend has a 94 and the compressor locked up. She needs to use the car, but can't afford to replace compressor and flush the system right now.

Cut the stock belt, route the belt where it needs to go, mark the overlap point, subtract a little for the tentioner, measure.

FYI, once you have the length, the Good Year belts like Gatorback use this number scheme:

4060980 / K060980 would be stock belt, the first 06 is 6 ribs, the 980 is the length - 98.0"

Mostly they go by 0.5" increments like 980, 975, 970, etc. There are a few exceptions such as the 4060967 which is 96.7", but then it's back to 960, 955, 950, 945.

You get the idea.....

I can't picture the belt routing you would use to skip the AC compressor without running a delete pulley. If you come up with something, be sure to post up a pic.

I got a good used compressor for cheap, $40 + shipping or you can pick it up??

Yeah, she would have to get a AC delete pulley for where the compressor goes. Just slap in a used compressor, !!!do not plug it in!!! Hook the hoses up to keep debris out of it. It sucks when they lock up, I had to change one in a Starbucks parking lot one time

Members online

Back