A big step.

Nitrobasher

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I havent been on here that much lately due to school work and other stuff. Im going to college next year and I've really been debating on what I want to do with my life. I've always loved working on cars and being around them, but hate the thought of working on mini vans when im 50.

So recently My dad met a guy named Joe, He owns and operates a very well known shop called Performance By Joe, Some of you viper lovers might know him, because hes known around the world for tuning vipers, He also does local jobs, (anything performance wise)

Well my dad and him got to talking and my name got brought up, and an interveiw followed.

I went in today to first see a viper, srt10, and ws6 in the garage:D .

I met the guy for the first time and he is a really down to earth guy, he told me he was in my position one time and hed be happy to take me under his wing. Basically my job will consist of answering phones, Ordering parts for cars, and dealing with customers.

When I've got nothing to do in the office, I will be out in the shop helping him with the cars and learning.

Ill be working 1-6 mon-fri. And off on sat. and sun.

He says 99% of the time hell be in the shop on sat and sunday working on cars, and tehre will always be an open lift and endless tools for me to use, if I need to work on my car:eek:

So basically im stoked, I figured you guys could appreciate this, mayb not. But hopefully this helps me get a jump start on my career in the performance world:cool:

Sounds good. 'Hands on' experience is always the best. Is this an interim job before college starts? or is this for when you are done?

Sounds good. 'Hands on' experience is always the best. Is this an interim job before college starts? or is this for when you are done?

Well im starting now, I dont start college till next september.

And I'll be working part time when college starts.:eek:

Thats really cool man!

It's not too often when your not sure of your future that something comes along and allows you the best opertunity(sp?) to make sure that this is something that you want to do.

Congrats man

Dude you sound like you have your mind screwed on the right way and take as many oppurtunitys[sp?] [hehe] as possiable,learn all you can about those cars people will pay big bucks for work on them.My one buddie got offered two grand just to install headers on a viper and dude bought the headers but my friend said no way what if i scratch it and declined the job.Your old man has done well with you and remember school is cool even if you just go for the babes

Hey guys,
Mespock tehre will always be an open lift and endless tools for youto use, if you need to work on your car:eek:

So basically im stoked, I figured Mespock could appreciate this. But hopefully this helps me get a jump start on my career in the performance world:cool:

Wow thanks Nitro.. I'll be down later in Feb..

You are great.. appricate the offer.

Hey this is a great change to learn and do something you like. Remember if you enjoy what you are doing you never have to work a day in your life...

Good Luck

Members online

No members online now.
Back