a $10,000.00 lincoln

It's clean as hell, it's an LSC, has good tires, low miles and looks to have been taken care of but that color combo knocked off 6K or more. If it was black on black, 5K would be stretching it. More like $4,000 give or take. Sometimes those 60K Marks don't mean anything, possibly even more trouble than a 100K Mark

i'll stick with my cheap higher mileage cars, 101,000 miles $800.00 and only cost me an additional 300.00 in repairs and changes, total cost $1100.00

Same here except $2000 with a $1200 face lift with new lenses and grille and a color combo I feel good about. $10,000 on that car will never happen unless someone just has money to blow and doesn't know any better.

if its actually in very good condition, 4000 to 4500. because it is an original low mileage LSC.
and i guess i have low standards, cuz i would be fine with that color combo. :lol: i would prefer white on grey, but i dont have the money for another car anyway.

I dont know why you guys want Mark 8s to be so cheap and laugh when someone is asking for a higher price.
Try finding a nice 635BMW or a 840 BMW for that matter. CL 500 MB or any other luxury performance car thats in good condition for low Mark 8 price., they all hold or try to hold a higher value. Our cars are no worse and dont lack that much in comfort or speed.

Would you pay 10k for it? No.
But if I was well off and had a few cars in my collection, I would not be looking for a 100k mile Mark 8 that went through 10 owners at this point. I would try to find a low mileage mint car that I can either store or enjoy myself.

I really hate the fact that Lincoln as a brand has almost no value when it gets older. Yes its not a Maserati, but still.

Lasers car was once of the kind and if you ask me, 9000 or so that he was asking was a killer deal. That car should have gotten 15 at least. A 12 second Mark that can hang with a Porsche? Id pay 20k if i had the money. And maybe someone will pay 10 for this car advertised as well.

In the past 10 years I owned following cars:
88 LSC
90LSC
95 Mar VIII
96 Mustang GT Vert
95 MB S500
2000 Lexus LS400.
73 Mark IV (30k miles)

After all that I went back to owning a 92 LSC and a 98 LSC .
98 LSC has a great balance of performance, comfort and style ( dare I say quality).

Just because the car is not fashionable or highly marketable today, doesn't mean it is not worth the money on a used car market.

that may be the case, but the fact is the current prices mark8's are selling for is way below his asking price. and if he finds some one that is willing to pay that, then great for him. i wouldnt pay that, i see them all day and every day for sale in same condition for half the cost and newer models as well... the point of it was to simply show the nice bang for the buck a mark8 is in the real world ..

i dont think i would spend 10k on it even if it had a built bottom end, maybe if it had a built bottom end, a locking rear end, and a blown top end, but the work would have to be great and it would have to be clean as hell

It IS very nice. Except the color combo.
I could see him getting 6-6500 for it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back