98 parts car photo

dukesboy88

LVC Member
Reaction score
Here's a pic of whats left of my mark after a tornado touched down.I work on cars so the engine is well kept with 120 k just replaced a few coils, new moog ball joints, sunvisor tv screens, in dash farenheit touchscreen, cold air intake, air silencer delete, 22 inch wheels, i had blinkers inserted on the outside of the mirrors, interior is ivory pearl interior, headlights are good, and i just started it to move it still runs like a champ. Driver's side seat track is broken and center neon ballast doesn't work. contact by message or cell 985-222-0404 i live in louisiana

photo 1.jpg

All kidding aside, make it a convertible donk... Ok, ok... j/k...

Truth be told, cover it up dude, that interior is salvageable. Even a Mark that looks this weird hurts me when in a matter of an instant it goes from nice ride to junk.

Man, that sucks! But seriously, cover it up. Keep the interior out of the weather. You may get another Mark that you can use parts of this one for. But I've got to ask, what's with the two-tone paint and big gold stripe and gigantonormous wheels? Looks weird to me. But that's just my opinion.

Ouch that really sucks. Shame to see a mark getting bashed up. I'm not crazy about custom paint work on mark's but i think it works on your car

I covered it as soon as i went outside after the storm so the interior is protected from the weather

Believe it or not i turn more heads in this car down here in the south than a ferrari. Just wanted 2 try something different the stripe on the side has a bowling ball effect to it, the white has an orange pearl behind it that looks awesome when the sun hits it, and the bottom and the wheels are candy orange. The wheels dont rub at all with the air suspension they did with the coil spring kit though. To each its own but if i ever cum across another mark u can expect to see something similar.

Like you said to each their own butt don't tell me it turns more heads (in good way) than a ferrari.

It's just my personal preference, but I've never been a fan of the gigantic wheels folks are putting on cars now. On a car like a Mark VIII, I think 18" is big enough. 19" might do, but it's pushing the limits of aesthetic plausibility in my opinion. 22's on a Mark VIII is just plain ridiculous. That's too big for the car. Really, it's too big for any car. The car would have the ground clearance of a 4x4 with wheels that big. And that would adversely affect the overall handling of the car. On top of that, you're working the Mark's poor little 11" brakes to death with the rolling momentum and extra unsprung weight of those enormous wheels. Your brake pads will wear out twice as fast and there's more chance of rotor warpage from the extra heat generated from trying to stop those ginormous steamrollers. Of course an upgrade to 13" or 14" drilled/slotted rotors with 4 or 6 piston calipers up with a greater swept area front and a similar setup out back would remedy the stoppage problem, but that's a whole lotta money to throw at a car that's apparently built primarily for looks (however weird the looks may be to some people). Again, just my opinion.

It's just my personal preference, but I've never been a fan of the gigantic wheels folks are putting on cars now. On a car like a Mark VIII, I think 18" is big enough. 19" might do, but it's pushing the limits of aesthetic plausibility in my opinion. 22's on a Mark VIII is just plain ridiculous. That's too big for the car. Really, it's too big for any car. The car would have the ground clearance of a 4x4 with wheels that big. And that would adversely affect the overall handling of the car. On top of that, you're working the Mark's poor little 11" brakes to death with the rolling momentum and extra unsprung weight of those enormous wheels. Your brake pads will wear out twice as fast and there's more chance of rotor warpage from the extra heat generated from trying to stop those ginormous steamrollers. Of course an upgrade to 13" or 14" drilled/slotted rotors with 4 or 6 piston calipers up with a greater swept area front and a similar setup out back would remedy the stoppage problem, but that's a whole lotta money to throw at a car that's apparently built primarily for looks (however weird the looks may be to some people). Again, just my opinion.

They don't have to have any more stopping power than a mountain bike because they ride slow, and want attention, while chewing a stick of Big Red. It's so cool, but the damn thing couldn't drive itself out of a wet paper bag. I feel bad for what happened to the car before the tree fell on it. :rolleyes:

My rule of thumb is if you have to put a lift kit on the car to put the wheels on, it always looks stupid. If you can tuck the wheels nicely in the fenders and still be riding at stock height or lower, I usually like it, depending on the car, style of wheel, etc. NEVER big wheels on a sporty car, though. There's somebody around here who has at least 22" or bigger wheels on a new Camaro, and it looks absolutely ridiculous. On bigger cars that are strictly cruisers, MAYBE as big as 22". MAYBE. But only if it fits and sits low down on the wheels. I've about decided whenever I get my '72 Lincoln fixed up and go to put wheels on it, I want 18's, or might go as big as 20's, but no bigger.

As for this Mark VIII, I'll be honest. It's not exactly my style, but I hate to see an accident like this happen to anybody's car, especially a Mark VIII. Plus, he has put alot of work/money into it apparently. The one thing I do like about it, though, are the LINCOLN nameplates on the doors.

Members online

Back