98 mark in a salvage yard

deadmark8

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
like the title says there is a nice looking red/white 98 mark 8 in a salvage yard in oshkosh, wi. one of the HIDs was busted but i got the other one, (just not sure if it works). if anyone needs parts i can see about going back up there next weekend. it has painted 10 spokes on it, moon roof, rear neon is there, interior looked ok, the person i was with broke the loop off the key fob but i do have the key fob. has a chrome grille but im not sure if its in 1 piece. no trunk key so i cant get into the trunk w/o a batt.

for those of us located in WI its wallys u pull it and last time i was there it was straight back behind a lil honda civic.

Please get me the ballast to the rear neon, i need it really bad. Find a way to get in the trunk!!! lol

Cut the wires as far as you can!

Thanks, pm me and let me know!

When you say white do you mean ivory interior? I need the drivers seat trim panel if its not messed up. Get the passenger side too if its good. My car has light prairie tan but I will take ivory and paint it if I have to.

Ok ill look up the part prices when I get home. I can't say that I can get the abs sensors as they don't allow jacks to be taken into the yard but if I can getr into the trunk ill attempt to use the one that came with the car. The phone module is still in it aswell.

Yes I mean ivory. I take it you are talking about the plastic piece where the button for the seat are.

If you can tell me where the ballast is ill get it if I get into the trunk. I'm a noob when it comes to gen 2s.

I won't be going up till sat. Morn so if you guys think of anything else post it ill be making a list before I go.

Yes I mean ivory. I take it you are talking about the plastic piece where the button for the seat are.

Yes, thats what I mean. I would prefer if all the mounting points are intact or at least if you can recover all the pieces so I can glue it back together.

Thanks for doing this. I don't have any Gen2s near me.

If you can tell me where the ballast is ill get it if I get into the trunk. I'm a noob when it comes to gen 2s.

Open the trunk, remove the lining from it. The ballast is right there, push in two tabs and then it should slide out. you will see it when you take the lining off.

You can also see this here.

http://autorepair.about.com/library/faqs/bl971f.htm

Thanks, let me know please!

Open the trunk, remove the lining from it. The ballast is right there, push in two tabs and then it should slide out. you will see it when you take the lining off.

You can also see this here.

http://autorepair.about.com/library/faqs/bl971f.htm

Thanks, let me know please!

You'll have to remove the neon light to get to the ballast. You won't be able to remove the ballast the way you said. The link you posted does show the correct way to do it though.

Ok I called up asking for a price on the 10 spoke wheels, mainly cuz if I need one ill know where to get one. They want 40 for a painted ten spoke w/o the tire. Good price or no? I got my first set for twenty each.

Thanks

You'll have to remove the neon light to get to the ballast. You won't be able to remove the ballast the way you said. The link you posted does show the correct way to do it though.

+1
I just can't understand why you would want a used ballast.
I love my glitch.
Used will go out and you will be stuck getting a glitch anyhow.

+1
I just can't understand why you would want a used ballast.
I love my glitch.
Used will go out and you will be stuck getting a glitch anyhow.

Because glitch wont let have the password to the PDF file to see his instructions. I REALLY didn't wanna pay $100 when i don't know what the parts look like or how the install will go.

see if the door courtesy lights are good.if they have all the tabs.i need both of them and the rear neon.if its a lsc-call me@805-653-7488 or email @cdruffii@aol.com

Its a tan interior I apologize for the color difference. The rear ballast is shot I think as the white wire is fried. The chrome is peeling on the rear neon as well. The interior looks OK though. I hope someone is paying attention to this thread

Its a tan interior I apologize for the color difference. The rear ballast is shot I think as the white wire is fried. The chrome is peeling on the rear neon as well. The interior looks OK though. I hope someone is paying attention to this thread
How are the seat switch trim pieces?

Drivers is cracked but useable if ya glue it the pass is in one piece

Call me I'm here now. 608 347 4612

Ok I'm home I'm trying to upload pics of certain things from the mark 8. Ill go up there next week for anything else. some of the photos in here are old. there are only 5 from the 98 the 2 doors radio area the neon ballast and the center console i get a few more but these are the main areas i figured ppl wanted to see.

http://s1009.photobucket.com/albums/af215/vanren3/Mark VIII/

Last edited:
Damn get that radio for me (if you don't mind) if it can be gotten for under $30

For all those persons who wanted parts i need addresses and money otherwise ill post them for others to grab im sure someone here could use the almost pristine courtesy lights or the IMRC box in perfect working order.

i need the courtesy lights and the long screw that holds on the door panel.
thanks ken

All parts were shipped out yesterday via USPS priority mail hopefully they arrive by the weekend. the courtesy lights were sent to ruff... when i go back up i will grab some more stuff...maybe in a week or two.

Members online

No members online now.
Back