98 Lincoln Mark viii For sale

Well, for a discerning Mark VIII enthusiast who wants a relatively low mileage, 'pinnacle of Mark VIII's' (the Cordovan red C.E.) it's not such a bad price.

One of those cars where exclusivity and condition will help boost it's value.

Plus i was offered $10k last yr by a ford exec. but i didnt take it cuz i didnt need to sell then.

you shoulda JUMPED on that.

FWIW: a year ago april 20th we had our first born baby {a boy)
We've been carrying him around in our mark 8 ever since.

JUST because you are having a baby, doesnt mean you HAVE to sell your car.

I didn't.

Also, you have to consider the economy "THIS year" compared to "LAST year". a 10K car last year is probably a 6500.00 car this year.. and next year you dont even want to know.

the economy sucks, doubtful your gonna find a person with 10K that wants to sink it in a 10+ year old car.

Sorry to say.

I think that is a fine price for a low mileage fully loaded CE. But to sell it quickly you will have to entertain slightly lower offers.

Well I have been watching and I don't see 98 Mark VIIIs selling for $8000 all day.

It's a nice car and I'm sure someone out there may jump on it but ... 11 years old now with the ecconomy ... Good luck with the sale hope you can get the money you are looking for... It is a nice car.

Nice car, but the wrong State and wrong economy to be getting rid of it. Have you checked the trade in waters?

baby seats work fine in the back of my mark and even in the back of the camaro so you have a very week excuse to sell you car must be the wife

I remember when you bought it.....and I think I remember what you paid....

non the less, how clean a car is is often over looked. And can pull the best price.

purchased with 40K miles 3 years ago for 9K

fast forward three years and now its worth 800 more? with 20K more miles on it?

I'll pass...not that I'd spend 10K on a car that old anyways.

I gave 2500 for my mark 8, of course it has more miles, but..still.
Low miles doesnt mean squat on a 10 year old car.

Yes the CE is desirable to "some folks", but my 98 LSC is "rarer" than a CE and I didn't pay 10K for it.

For one I didn't know by posting my car you had nothing better to do than to slam me for what I'm sellin it for. 2nd to look up my old posting. I could have paid $5 for it, but if someone is going to buy it for $9800 in their mind its a good deal.

LSC is rarer than a CE are u high...? 70% of all Mark viii's are LSC moron. Evidently you know nothing.

You're an :q:q:q:q:q:q:q for lookin up my old postings

but i'll let u know when my 10k mark sells....

Hey you might consider checking your facts before talking crap.

here is a break down of the 98 production run
http://www.markviii.org/LOD2/1998_build.htm

Secondly you might consider your old posts on a message board before you try and MARK up a cars price by 10%. after owning it for 3 years and adding 20K miles to it.

I guess you figure the members here should PAY YOU to drive a car?
M'kay

That is a great way to say "THANKS LVC for the help/advice you've given me"..bend over now

Production numbers for CE's were 1280

My Silver 98 LSC is one of 860, clearly rarer.

I never said "more desirable", just rarer.

Hey F'ck face it doesnt matter what i paid moron..... If i got a good deal on a car for $500 but was worth 9800 why the F'ck would i sell u it for $500?

2nd why would i post a car at asking price so someone can talk me down...

3rd Oh my gosh anyone give a rats ass ur car is silver and they made 860 maybe cuz silver sucked for sales at that time. but when ur car comes with a number badge on the door stating what car of the line it is.... then u can tell me how rare it is.

Don't be a hater douche....

OH WAIT they made 282 CE in my color then i guess my car is rarer than urs @sshole.... read ur own link

I think you paid too much for it 3 years ago, and will be LUCKY to get that much for it now.

Thanks please don't hijack my thread anymore.... No more comments... i'm glad everyone has an opinion....

Awesome real class here at LVC

Hey F'ck face it doesnt matter what i paid moron..... If i got a good deal on a car for $500 but was worth 9800 why the F'ck would i sell u it for $500?

3rd Oh my gosh anyone give a rats ass ur car is silver and they made 860 maybe cuz silver sucked for sales at that time. but when ur car comes with a number badge on the door stating what car of the line it is.... then u can tell me how rare it is.

OH WAIT they made 282 CE in my color then i guess my car is rarer than urs @sshole.... read ur own link

I think that you'll find that most people on this website will do that to you. In order to not get torn to shreds, you have to either; 1) not make any mistakes in mark viii production number, facts, or trim packages. 2) not be a new person to the forum. or 3) not ask a question that has been asked within the past 3 years.
there's a ton of knowledge on this site, but for the above reasons i decide to post here very rarely.
its a shame really, its just a car

I agree with you jeff sometimes people on this site are a little short tempered. But still to come on this website with the most mark VIII knowledge on the web and try to sell a Mark for more then u bought it for with more miles u are kind of asking to get burned.

I didnt say anything about your price just that you dont need to sell
If I had money I would look at it
It is my dream mark being a ce and in the right color

I only said my car was RARER than CE's in general, which is the truth.
I didn't say it was rarer than the individual color combo's for the CE's.
Try to READ the words I TYPE rather then just interjecting bs into the equation.

Also, I will reiterate what I said previously.

Why do you come here, use the communities knowledge, then try to sell them a car for more than you purchased it for?...and I"m the douche?

No sir.. you're the douche... {now I have officially called you a name too!)
Since you chose to travel down the name calling path, (how 6th grade of you)

ALSO, I guess you feel these members should pay you 200 per year for taking care of that car? and.. again.. "I'm the douche"?

Get over yourself and your little CE with the meaningless STICKER applied to it.
the 78 King Cobra had a buttload of stickers on it, but that didn't make it a RACE CAR.

your "collectors edition" stickers are the same.... meaningless.

NOW...
If you fast forward about 30 years.. you MIGHT have something.
but as it stands right now.. you just have a mark 8 with "some stickers"
..BIG WHOOP!!!

also, since there is a CE out there with less than 100 miles on it, the car is still wrapped in protective covering applied by lincoln.

THAT is your competition....

He asked 43K for that car, and it "didn't sell".
Keep in mind, that car has LESS than 100 miles on it.

your car will NEVER command "top dollar" because it's got 60K.
and your asking 25% of what the guy with the 100 mile car is asking.

Good luck with THAT!

OH yea.. since your the CE expert. you may want to consider that the serial#'s do NOT indicate WHEN the car was ON or CAME OFF the line.

There is no link between that serial # and your Vin #
it's just a sticker.. nothing more, nothing less.

If it were a true case of a documentation the sticker and the vin# would have the same numbers.

it was the "end of the run" that is all....

6K would be top offer for that car.
since you called me a douche..lets drop that to 5K.

Care to continue?
Or should I go find your posts on the other boards and post there too?

Hell.. you didn't even give LVC first dibs on the car.
you put it on autotrader, THEN posted it here.

Your just using LVC to try and MAKE money.
GOOD JOB DOUCHEBAG.

P.S. congrats on the baby, I hope you teach him all those nice words you speak to people.

Members online

No members online now.
Back