98 Intake Manifold Torque Sequence/Specs

LandYachts

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I've just have to pull my upper manifold (if that's the piece with two runners and the throttle body mating surface) to replace my fuel injectors.

I'll touch on why I had to do that in another thread to help anyone else with a similar problem. But while I was removing the upper intake, I realized they were all FINGER tight! Whoever serviced these injectors didn't re-torque the upper manifold bolts after letting them warm up and cool down!

I want to make sure that when it all goes together, both of the intake pieces are torqued properly.

As well, I'd like to know if I should replace the upper manifold gaskets if they aren't damaged. Are they generally reusable? How do I find the darn things??

I've attached a PDF from the Intake Manifold section of the CD Workshop Manual for the Mark VIII. The torque specs should be on page 4 & 5.

As for the intake gasket; Are you looking for just the intake or the IMRC gaskets as well?

I believe they're interchangeable with the OEM gaskets from 96-98 Cobra Mustang, but as to where to acquire them, that's a bit tough.

Attachments

• Mark VIII Intake.pdf
    669.9 KB · Views: 348
Thanks! Those numbers work for me. I tightened everything to 20ft/lbs so I was right on. Waited for it to cool down and re-torqued.

The gaskets I’m referring to are the two ovals for the UPPER manifold. I reused mine but should I replace them? Everything is running better now that I replaced a bad fuel injector o-ring.

Members online

No members online now.
Back