98 cobra intake

SJSharkVIII

LVC Member
Reaction score
help.will this intake(upper,lower)bolt up?any mods?i have a 94 mark8.....mark masters any info would be appreciated thanx 94 mark,3.73,flows,auburn diff,on Dubs,hoed air box... :give

Yes, it will bolt-up. BUT you must use 96-98 Cobra IMRC's. The intake will not directly fit onto your IMRC's.

yes it will work....you should do a search for threads explaingin how to do it. It's been dicussed in GREAT detail.

Mike

SJSharkVIII said:
help.will this intake(upper,lower)bolt up?any mods?i have a 94 mark8.....mark masters any info would be appreciated thanx 94 mark,3.73,flows,auburn diff,on Dubs,hoed air box... :give

SJSharkVIII..... does SJ stand for San Jose????

SJSharkVIII said:
thanx u guys i feel better already wut xactly are the imrc's? is my hood clearance ok

IMRC = Intake Manifold Runner Controls. Basically what they are are just like the blades on a carb, they allow the fuel/air mixture into the engine. In this post the last pic is what the IMRC's look like. They have blades down inside that open/close depending on the amount of gas pedal depression.

Your hood is not going to clear without a lil modification. The rear most crossbar underneath will need to be notched to clear the cobra manifold.

Hope this helps a bit.
:Beer

Go to this thread. I used to have a hood from Larry at Kustom Creations. In that thread you will see what it looked like in my post towards the bottom....both painted, and unpainted. Or you can go to my cardomain linky at the bottom of my post and go thru the pix and see what it looked like. NONE of those pix were digitally editted.

Supposedly SuperCoupe Performance is selling Cobra 'R' hoods for the Mark VIII's, but they do not show any pix of what they look like on a Mark VIII. I know Kustom Creations made regular Cobra 'R' hoods, and was in the process of making other options as well.

Hope that helps.
:Beer

They don't make them, but on their site they say that they can get them for like $600. :Beer

Members online

No members online now.
Back