97 TC SS Air Suspension Problem

GreenJay

New LVC Member
Reaction score
My 97 TC air suspension is not working. The idiot light lights up on startup then goes out as if all was well. If I shut off the air suspension via switch in the trunk the idiot light will flash. There is no compressor/bag sound on startup or shutdown. The car is sitting at a good height, not sagging at all in the rear end. I checked all fuses and they are good. Car rides like a tank/truck when driven, tho I haven't been driving it, other than to test drive it. The problem started after the car sat undriven for a couple of months, it was fine prior to that. Car only has about 60K miles on it and is in good shape otherwise - never involved in an accident. Any suggestions as to where to start or what to check first before I am forced to bring it to be serviced. Trying to avoid that as money is very tight at the moment. Boyfriend is very mechnaically adept, but needs help/suggestions in diagnosing. No lift, just jack, jack stands and creeper board. I miss my baby! Am original owner and love my car - still feels like new car to me even tho it rides like a tank at the moment. Thanks in advance for any help! Cheers, Karen

Air springs are designed to have a certain amount of air to give it the desired spring rate. If they have too much....or too little air, it'll have a harsh ride.

Theres several scenarios that could be going on here, but keep in mnind that if the rear is too high, the compressor won't need to come on, because its already where its suppose to be. This happens allot when the vent solenoid sticks closed.

Eddie Spinks
American Air Suspension
FREE Air Suspension APP: http://m.magmito.com/103862/aas4321

Members online

No members online now.
Back