'97 Rear Center Neon Light

MarkVIIIdude

New LVC Member
Reaction score
My '97 MarkVIII rear center neon light bar isn't lighting anymore. It wasn't working for about a week and then for a day it was working and now it's out again. I heard that it could be something with pinched wires? or something like that... I've jiggled the wires a bit, but nothing. What can I do to fix this? I hate driving around with it not working and being a neat feature.

Thanks

hey sweetheart.don'tfeel alone i have the same problem...
im being told it coooould be the ballest. make sure not to touch the ballest it can shock u literally!!!
i too am looking to get mine fixed,i chkd my wire and they are good...id like to go to the dealer and have them do it since they are experiance on these cars.

MarkVIIIdude said:
My '97 MarkVIII rear center neon light bar isn't lighting anymore. It wasn't working for about a week and then for a day it was working and now it's out again. I heard that it could be something with pinched wires? or something like that... I've jiggled the wires a bit, but nothing. What can I do to fix this? I hate driving around with it not working and being a neat feature.

Thanks
Try cleaning the point where the ground connection is. Sometimes there is corrosion and they don't make good contact.

I just bought a 97 LSC and i just realized that my light is out too. Only I have moisture backed up inside the light and I think thats why it is not working. Anyone know where I can get a good deal on a new neon light? Or maybe there is a way to fix it?

hey lou-ice...im looking in the market too. but just so u know it can be pricey!

just wondering...if u look on an angle do u have like small dents in the red area of the rear neon lite we're talkin about ... not the outter plastic which is clear,but behind the clear plastic too which the red film is,so to speak...
in order to see it,move around on every angle when looking at the neon lite,small indents ...im wondering if this is a defect from manufacture,cause another car like mine had the same thing but in different spots ofthe lite
just wondering!
:wave i still love my LSC ;)

There's a guy that sells replacement ballasts for the neon center bar, here's a cut and paste:
The ballasts are custom made and cost $85 (shipping included) These ballasts come without the connections, so you need to use the connectors that are on your old ballast. (Installation instructions will be provided)

All ballasts are tested before they are shipped out, so please understand that this is an electrical device and can be damaged if your reflector has moisture or internal short.

PayPal is my preferred method of payment. to: glitchm@hotmail.com"

Good luck!

Phil

Dont these cars have an extended warranty up to 60,000 miles, mines only has 54,000. Im thinking of taking it to the dealer and have them check it out, if its still under warranty. Anyone know about the warranty????

Cobra MarkVIII

this is just a general question though, does the neon light in the 2nd gens consist of 1 bulb? someone i knew who had a 97 mark told me this, is it true?

when i got my car it was unpluged so i had my local dealer check it out. they found out it was unpluged so they pluged it in n said it smoked and had to b reeplaced and would be like 900.00 for the part. when i got the car back i had no marker lights found out it was just the fuse but i was wondering if there is any way to fix the tail light and is there any cheep ways or do i have to totally replace it?

yes it is a very small diameter neon tube, roughly 40 inches long or so. 9 times out of 10 its a bad ballast. i have bought many ballast's from glitch and everytime it fixed the non lighting neon!!!

Today I hooked my tail light in, turned on the headlights and it flashed on and off quickly. Does anyone have any idea what is wrong??

Hey guys try tasca ford in RI. 1-800-915-3141.Ask for Dominic.They have good prices on their parts for the marks. Lou

There is not much sense in buying a $300 defective Ford part when you can buy the current upgraded part for $80..

I am in need of one of those ballasts and have tried emailing him several times but each time it comes back undeliverable. Does anyone know of a direct link to him? phone number, different email, etc.

Members online

No members online now.
Back