97 Mark VIII Rear down

Megaboink

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello all!! iam a lil confuse, i sold Mark viii to nephew, and after a few car wash, the car rear suspension went down on the last wash. dont understand. car went up againg, then down after a few hours of beeing parked. but now it wont raise, front fine up. but after checking the car yesterday i notice that there a leak in the front passenger side air bag. could that leak effect the rear? i checked the compressor/lines and it seems fine.

could it be both rear selenoid? the rear sensor?

i know that the older mark vii had an air valve that i was able to raise it manually. mark vii dont.
any sugestions?

Hello all!! iam a lil confuse, i sold Mark viii to nephew, and after a few car wash, the car rear suspension went down on the last wash. dont understand. car went up againg, then down after a few hours of beeing parked. but now it wont raise, front fine up. but after checking the car yesterday i notice that there a leak in the front passenger side air bag. could that leak effect the rear? i checked the compressor/lines and it seems fine.

could it be both rear selenoid? the rear sensor?

i know that the older mark vii had an air valve that i was able to raise it manually. mark vii dont.
any sugestions?

mbcn1294l.jpg

i asked him

Is not my car, i ask if he wanted the conversion he said he rather buy the air. wants to keep it original. so looking to replace all the air bags,:eek:
i just can.t believe that the front passenger side air bag is only 4 yrs old and has a hole. need to comunucat with arnott air suspension. to see if they could do anything about that bag. otherwise new all around.

Is not my car, i ask if he wanted the conversion he said he rather buy the air. wants to keep it original. so looking to replace all the air bags,:eek:
i just can.t believe that the front passenger side air bag is only 4 yrs old and has a hole. need to comunucat with arnott air suspension. to see if they could do anything about that bag. otherwise new all around.

I wouldn't waste my time trying to even get warranty from Arnott, even if they do send a replacement bag..its still going to be a junk arnott bag.

First off, welcome to America. You seem to be learning the language fast. 4 years from an Arnott bag is doing pretty dang good. They usually last a month.

Did the switch,I converter to coil. And I'am hurting a lil lol

I decided that the only way too bring the car back home aw s to convert.
The car was disable in the streets of Brooklyn n.y for a week, couldn't
Get it raise. Tow truck warn damages will occur since the car was too
Far on the ground,so i Bought the conversion and did it right on the street
Of Brooklyn, that god it was a nice day and had trees for shade. LoL
What a day!, did it yesterday! Wasn't hard but a lil pain knee and back.
Once here in jersey I need to take it too my local mechanic to adjust
The rear springs. , didn't go in place exactly like I wanted them too
But is up!, and converted. Thxs all! For your advice.

Hope my 98 black on black mark don't need a conversion anytime soon!

Members online

Back