97 LSC Drivetrain, whats it worth?

Lux

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think a complete and running drivetrain from a 97 LSC would go for?

102,000 miles runs flawless, always ran motorcraft filter mobil 1 oil

Trans had updated accumulators, jmod, mercon v

Since you are looking for a spare, have you priced any lately and based on the demand what would the going price be?

I've been selling them for around $500 for the motor and $200 for the trans. Greg I have another 97 but its still in the car and I think the miles are around 198000.

So with 102000 miles you think a gen 2 lsc engine would fetch $500?

So with 102000 miles you think a gen 2 lsc engine would fetch $500?

Hell yeah. Totally worth that price in my opinion. Also, a 98+ tranny, especially with the JMOD is easily worth $200 in my opinion depending on mileage.

My car has 211k on it now. Although it currently runs fine with no issues, I want another one. For me, motors run around $500 - $600 locally. With various mileage on them. I would perfer one with lower miles. It is so hard buying motors from each other when we are so far away from each other. Freight charges puts the price up to $700. Lux, your motor and tranny combo would be more along the lines to what I am looking for. I have a priority list I must follow though. I'm buying another Mark soon, I have to secure that first, then the drivetrain comes afterwards.

Thanks guys. Ive been debating parting my car out to help start my business.

Ill be back if i decide to go that route.

There are easier ways to make $500 bucks then parting a mark VIII out, there not cash cows like they were back in 2000. I just do it as a sprare time hobby and to get the parts I wanted for my car with out paying the JY prices.

Members online

No members online now.
Back