97 Lincoln LSC Won't turn over!

nast97

LVC Member
Reaction score
Went out today to go to work. I turned over the ignition and nothing, showing power to everything but it won't turn over. I took a volt meter and checked voltage on the battery (12.23). I left to go to work in the van and haven't had a chance to research any further.

Ideas?

battery does appear to be a little on the low side

have you tried to jump it?

i'm assuming its not turning over versus cranking and not starting?

you still got my number? dont hesistate to call if i can help

I would say starter or bad connection. If you checked your voltage on top of the battery post then you are getting full battery power, try checking further on down the line to get true voltage that everything sees.

mark, i have had success with the old chevy trick of banging on the solenoid back in the CCB days pitted next to halo..almost missed round 1.

stick your head under there behind the passenger front tire then look towards the front of the car you shouls see the solenoid

sometimes just pulling off and replacing the ground wire wikll work, its a female spade connector

I was wondering where it (solenoid) was located. I'll try beating on it, sometimes jumpering it will make it unstick also...

Thanks all! I'll let ya know tomorrow when I get off.

Mark

I was wondering where it (solenoid) was located. I'll try beating on it, sometimes jumpering it will make it unstick also...

Thanks all! I'll let ya know tomorrow when I get off.

Mark

its bolted to the starter..chevy style

hell if your luck is like mine..it'll start when you get home

its bolted to the starter..chevy style

hell if your luck is like mine..it'll start when you get home

They suck, get baked like crazy down there.

They will do the start then not start crap....ask me how I know.

97 Lincoln LSC Won't turn over!

How many guys do you have? Did you try rocking it first? With the weight of the car you will need at least 10 guys...... or 6 really strong ones to flip it over.

:D

I had this problem once. Check and see if you have it all the way in park . Turn key on and step on brake and move shifter in and out of park a few time then try and turn her over again. I hope this helps.

WTH!!! Started right up this morning!!!:confused::confused:
:eek: dammit i shoulda bought a lottery ticket:eek:

intermittent gremlin, could be that push on spade connector on the solenoid..

not being all the way in park..is another great gremlin that seems to fix itself

was the motor cranking but not starting or was it not turning over/cranking at all

:eek: dammit i shoulda bought a lottery ticket:eek:

intermittent gremlin, could be that push on spade connector on the solenoid..

not being all the way in park..is another great gremlin that seems to fix itself

was the motor cranking but not starting or was it not turning over/cranking at all

It wouldn't do anything! I actually tried going through all the gears yesterday but that didn't help.. I dunno.. Ill check out that spade connector in the am..

Gen II's have a secure key. Gen I? If your key gets around something magnetic, it could possibly cause the key to fail the security test. The key will turn and the power will come on to accessories, but the starter will not engage. It can be intermittent with temp, voltage, etc...

I had to jump the solenoid this morning with a screw driver.. I'll be replacing it this weekend..

Members online

No members online now.
Back