96 Mark 8 for sale, 95k miles $2500 o.b.o.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lb8

LVC Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
http://s990.photobucket.com/albums/af30/mojofan/Mark%208/lb8%20Mark%208/

1996 Mark 8 for sale in Houston,Tx, just had one airbag replaced today, and the compressor need to be replaced, car has rust underneath from seating for so long, and sitting in snow. Also there is a fist size rust hole at the bottom going towards underneath the car. The car was originally from Michigan. Brakes need to be replaced, and the turn signal lights don't work. There are no leaks from the engine or tranny, which have 95k miles on it. The top of the car have a fade spot just passed the sunroof, the door handle on the driver side is cracked, or the panel around it. No modifications have been made. KBB have this baby valued at $3045 in fair condition, my asking price is $2500 obo. I will see if I can go some pictures of the entire car tomorrow, thanks.

Schweet Mark!

:rolleyes:

Screen shot 2009-12-18 at 9.16.53 AN.jpg

I'll try, this is my first time using Photo Bucket, and I did that the first time, and they did not appear in my thread, but will try it again, thanks

pretty rough for 2500 wouldnt you say? needs paint, needs brakes, needs interior work, needs electrical work, need rust repair, needs an air compressor all this for $2,500 lol???????? sounds like a deal.

Need paint, where, brakes are cheap, the rust is only at the bottom which can be replaced by a low profile kit, or ignore it, no interior work is needed, just the interior lights don't come on, could be a fuse, air compressor is $200, subtract that from the value, and what do you get??? Paint on the body is almost in excellent condition, there's only one fade spot, and that's at the top. I'll say about $300-600 dollars worth of minor work. That's why my price is set $500 below the book value listed in fair condition. Those wires you see hanging at the bottom is from the mechanic fixing the brake lights, and checking to see if there was an alarm system connected. Hopefully on Sunday the 20th the electrical will be fixed, this listing is like a before and after all the repairs. So by the time someone buy it, the brakes will be repaired and the electrical. So now how much should I sell it for then?????

rusty michigan cars in texas usually fetch 900-1200.00

right now there is a rust free 98 for sale in webster for 1200.00

the rust is only at the bottom which can be replaced by a low profile kit, or ignore it,

you cannot "cover up, or ignore" rust.

if the rocker panels are that rotted out, i would be interested in seeing the body to rear subframe mounts, i'll bet they are almost gone/very hazardous.

I have those same wheels in chrome if your interested irn a upgrade

That one in Webster need a transmission, is that one yours XLRVIII?

If no one is interested in buying stop responding unless you are responding with an offer, thanks. No one tell you all what your car is worth if you were to sell it, you list your price and you take offers, if its not what you want don't buy it. My price is very negotiable. Better yet, I'll just remove the post from here, thanks.

Don't take it as everyone is getting down on you. This happens evertime someone post a car on here. As bad as it sounds, they are actually trying to help you move the car. But being mark experts they know alot on value. So selling a lincoln on here that might be a hair overpriced will draw some comments. Which IMO is better then no response to your posts at all. Also you have to rember this is not a local site, these are people from acroos the us, canda, and some oversea's they look at alot of mark prices on a daily basis. Try to take it with a grain of salt. GL with the sale.

Thanks, but I don't think its overpriced, KBB have the value at $3075 in fair condition, that's why I have it listed well below that.

As my grandpa use to say, its only worth what someone is willing to pay for it at the end of the day.

Any car that gets posted for sale is going to be scrutinized by the membership.

#1 we don't want anyone getting screwed in the deal.
#2 we own Mark VIII's and we know what they are worth

We know you like your car and looking for top dollar but if you are looking for top dollar but on a site where the membership owns Mark VIIIs you have to be ready for the critics and except the constructive criticism.

Personally I'd say locally you might get $2000 from someone who is not familiar with Mark VIIIs or from maybe an HS kid.

Otherwise you are looking at maybe $1000 to $1500 ....

You have to again remember we look for the best deal here on the best car we can buy. If we pay top dollar for a Mark VIII it is going to be in pristine condition. If we find a car that we think has

So please don't get offended by what members have to say they are only letting you know from what they see from the pics. Also remember that we look for Diamonds in the Rough that we can get for a low ball price and turn into our dream Mark VIIIs.

The way the car looks from the pics to me I'd only pay about $800 for it. Please don't take any offense ... others may be willing to pay more.

I'm not offended at all, and by the way the car is sold, sold it for $1800, so close this thread, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Back