94 jerks going up hill

If you have black trans fluid it has to be changed. pull the pan and clean all the crap out. 100% mercon 5 I've had sp wire problems on my 95 a few times. If the rpm's don't change I'm going with tranny juice NG

Alright passenger side cover came off pretty easy just the heater hoses were in the way.Now the other side,moved the fuse block out of the way and the master cylinder is loose but it keeps hitting the brake booster.And while lifting and pulling something in the back broke and fell off hope it wasn't important.Should I remove the cowl to give more room back there or what?. Kinda worried about the gaskets not falling off when putting them back on.At least the PS side is spotless but the DS is a little dark(like a Quaker State/Pennzoil engine)but clean could that be from it still having the original PCV valve?. Thanks for all info guys.

First search
Now ill spoon feed take out drivers side motor mount bolt jack engine up a Little

Ok got it off it's not to bad.I removed the wiper assembly giving me room to grab the other end and the problem was the wiring harness that's on the throttle bracket.I grabbed the cover on both ends and lifted it up and pushing it towards the intake and it came right off with a little fight from that wiring harness.So yeah no need to remove the motor mount but do remove the wiper assembly it help's a lot and plus you can check all the vacuum hoses while your there.And what broke was just a piece of plastic but glad I stopped trying to fight it and just removed the wiper and went from there.And I have searched before I started this so thanks anyways for the "spoon feeding" pal.

are you saying you removed wiper assembly in order to change plugs? :shifty:

A misfire A LOT of times will present itself under load. In other words, going up a hill with overdrive on. When you turn overdrive off, it takes the load off the transmission, unlocks the converter and the misfire will go away.

Now, when you are driving uphill or even on flat ground for that matter, when you keep overdrive on and dig your foot deep into the throttle right before the point where the car wants to unlock the converter and command a downshift, does it become very frequent and bad at that point?

A misfire A LOT of times will present itself under load. In other words, going up a hill with overdrive on. When you turn overdrive off, it takes the load off the transmission, unlocks the converter and the misfire will go away.

Now, when you are driving uphill or even on flat ground for that matter, when you keep overdrive on and dig your foot deep into the throttle right before the point where the car wants to unlock the converter and command a downshift, does it become very frequent and bad at that point?

That's sounds just about right and if I did push the throttle down more it would probably downshift.

Well it's back together and the only trouble was gasket on the drivers as it just had to pop off on the bottom right side corner.No leaks and I haven't driven it yet but for some reason I think it's still gonna do it,would be my luck.

Alright just took it for a drive and I also replaced the fuel filter since it had about 30k on it.This time going up the hill it stayed around 2000 rpm then at the top the rpm dropped to around 1600 and it didn't buck.Usually it's around 1600 rpm all the up hill then just about half way it would jerk.So would a misfire cause the TC to act up?.

Like stated before the bucking was probably the miss.
My 97 would buck like hell from one bad boot when under load.

I used Dr Tranny when I first got my '97 and that was in 2010 and haven't had any trouble since. It shuddered really bad driving it home. It is great stuff.

if its got trans shudder its not really shifting fine now is it?
dark fluid is scary.
you should try dr tranny or whatever its called.
where is sbcaprice? he used that stuff. worked with him.

FWIW, i flushed my car at 140k and it lasted til 170k. YMMV.

It's seems all good now and yesterday going up the hill this time the rpm was about 1300 and it had no issue.It was the #7 plug wire with a bad insulation boot and knew it when the wire came out with no effort and it had tears in it.

Members online

Back