$75 Lincoln LS Air Intake - ebay

burning.empire

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I just got that air intake system that they were selling on Ebay. It just arrived in the mail and I'm going to install it tonight or tomorrow. For $75 I'm not expecting much, but I had to try it out. I'll keep you posted. It seems to be built pretty solid.

Do you happen to know what brand? make sure to upload some pics :D

Glad someones taking this chance before i did lol, post pics for sure!!!

That is the same one my brother and I put on his LS. We paired it with the KKM intake as well. It works really good. The install would have went smoother if we had read the directions because they are very good. The intake seems to have brought his motor alive, it sounds very stout. Now if they would only make one for my Explorer.....

I've had the same intake for a few months. I had the tubes powder coated black to blend in better. It's a decent set up for the money, but IMHO the plastic fittings left alot to be desired.

ok, me and my father put it in last night (good thing because its raining like a son of a bitch today) it took us about an hour and a half because we didn't know what we were doing. But I bet if I had to do it again it would take 25mins tops.

Wow! There is a big difference in sound. Aside from the nice air-sucking sound, the engine has a nice throaty growl to it. A little reminiscent of a mustang. I took it out on the empty highway and opened it up a bit. There was a Porsche 911 next to me, but I let off because i didn't want him to think I was trying to race...I didn't want to get destroyed haha. I haven't driven it enough to really notice a big change in the MPG/HP/performance yet.

2011-07-03_00-24-21_878.gif
[/IMG]

2011-07-03_00-24-34_554.gif

2011-07-03_00-27-28_583.gif
[/IMG]

yeah but the filter costs $40-45 alone, so if you make a kit for $40 +the $45 filter- its already more expensive and it looks homemade. but hey I think anyone who has the knowhow and creativity to make their own custom parts is OK in my book. Go for it.

i would take off that steel strap behind the pass shock tower and at least wrap it in tape to make it stick out a little less.

i would take off that steel strap behind the pass shock tower and at least wrap it in tape to make it stick out a little less.

+1 I took mine off and made a form of a heat shield (plexiglass) that the adaptor rests on. That strap looks like crap, hence why I took it off. I also put a K&N drysock on mine.

Intake1.gif

yeah I am going to build some kind of heat shield that the tube can rest on, but for now the strap is staying put.

I think he's referring to the other side of the car, passenger shock tower, back against the firewall... that strap...

oh that ugly strap on the passenger side? yeah the idiot who had the car before me rigged a new horn into the car and used that thing to secure it. I'll have to fix that up too. At the very least paint it black.

that sure is a big F'in horn, you would think that they would place it in the OEM horn location to make wiring a breeze

yeah its pretty loud. They rewired it so the horn is a red button just to the left of the electric mirror adjustment controls. A little weird but neat.

Man that came out pretty good im def doing this very soon but i want to make a heatshield first :cool: they should have made the blue pieces black!

HI :) so if I wanted to keep the oem tube what would the size for the filter be? Thanks

FWIW, there was a vendor here, 'Ken', who offered a one piece aluminum version of this set-up. I started ECTA Land Speed Racing my '02 LS Sport at that time and installed it between meetings. (See 'Land Speed LS' in the performance section.)

I actually installed both the air tube and a complete Magnaflow cat-back exhaust system within a few days time. The sound improvement was GLORIOUS!!!

However, on the one mile course, there was NO improvement at all. I ultimately got my NX 'spray' system working, complete with a stand-alone methanol fuel system and I wouldn't be surprised if the exhaust improvements and the intake tube addition might be of help with the other things added. (I still hold the 'E' Fuel Competition Coupe/Sedan record---now grandfathered in after the move from North Carolina to Southern Ohio. And no one has bettered my record on the Ohio course.)

Add the intake tube and/or an exhaust 'improvement' for the difference in sound. But save your money if you're looking for power.

KS

Members online

Back